Full-Time AmeriCorps Members
Department Superintendent Office
Status: Full Time & Half Time
The mission of Red Cloud Indian School, Inc. (RCIS), a Catholic institution administered
by the Jesuits and the Lakota people, is to develop and grow as a vibrant Church,
through an education of the mind and spirit that promotes the values of the Lakota
RCIS includes two elementary schools, a high school, The Heritage Center, and ten
churches onIndian Reservation in southwestern South Dakota. By
integrating both Lakota culture and heritage with spiritual beliefs and practices from
the Lakota and Catholic traditions, RCIS aims to educate both the mind and the heart
of its students, parishioners, and staff, creating leaders of tomorrow with competence,
conscience, and compassion.
Summary of Service
RCIS provides a professional opportunity for members to serve in the school’s mission to educate Pine Ridge
Indian Reservation youth, ultimately working to set up students for post-secondary success.
I. Job Duties And Responsibilities for Full-Time and Half-Time Members
A. Members will serve as Classroom Aides, Librarian Assistants, and/or Substitute Teachers:
- Monitoring & Supervision of Students
- Assist Students
- Maintain Positive Learning
- Assist Lead Instructor in Implementing Curriculum & Intervention Strategies in the Classroom
- Developing, Producing, & Organizing Ancillary Learning Materials & Learning Facility Materials
- Assisting in Implementing Classroom Management Strategies, Cultural Literacy Activities, & Instructing
- Attend Professional Development, Training Opportunities, & Staff &/ Supervisorial Meetings
- Assist in the Daily Operation of the Library
- As needed, Instruct Students in Supplementary Literacy & Library Skills
- Adhere to Substitute Lesson Plans as well as RCIS & School-specific Policies & Procedures
Red Cloud Ind1ia n School, Inc.
- Report & Document Accident & Behavior Issues Promptly & Appropriately to their Supervisor(s) or
- Facilitate & support after school programs
- Members report promptly by 7:30 AM, daily.
• Reliable transportation recommended
• Living Allowance
- Education Award, Upon Successful Completion of Service
- Childcare Assistance if Eligible
- Training (On-boarding & On-going)
• High School Diploma/GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age & a Citizen or Legal Resident of the United States
- Fluent in English (spoken & written), with preference for Lakota Language Skills (not required)
- Other Skills include: Communication, Education, Leadership, Team Work, Conflict Resolution, Youth
- Available 6 days-a-week (mainly scheduled Monday-Friday), 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM plus evenings and
Program Dates: August 1st through July 31st every school year
Submit AmeriCorps Application with supporting documents to:
Christopher Giorlando | AmeriCorps Director
Red Cloud Indian School AmeriCorps Program
100 Mission Drive, Pine Ridge, SD
1.605.867.5888 ext 2216| Fax: 1.605.867.9230 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Cloud Ind2ia n School, Inc.
Red Cloud Ind3ia n School, Inc.