Freelance Writer Job in SkyMD
SkyMD is seeking exceptional content writers to assist with building out its patient reference platform in its national telehealth portal, as well as online through its websites. As SkyMD expands into additional medical specialties, it needs this content created to support the needs of its doctors and patients. SkyMD is owned by Compass Biosciences, a medical entity operating several different business units, some with different brand names, and generally practicing primary care, dermatology, dermatopathology and dermatological surgery in San Diego since early 2010, including telehealth since 2018 in all 50 US States, and continues to expand into other medical specialties in response to increasing demand from patients.
Requirements for the position:
- A general knowledge of basic medicine, diseases, health condition topics, specifically in the Primary Care, Family Practice, and Dermatology, among other medical specialties.
- A general knowledge and skill in content writing that communicates effectively to the general lay public as the audience, who in turn are also patients with health conditions seeking the help of our doctors.
- Several writing samples should be provided.
- A general knowledge of how SEO works in digital marketing and the ability to smoothly incorporate key words and phrases in written content.
- The ability to work within deadlines is critical, as well as working inside of a team to implement and publish created content.
- A familiarity with healthcare services, patient care, and private medical groups is a bonus.
This position will also include:
- Health, dental, life insurance (full-time only)
- 401K with matching (part- or full-time)
- Up to 100% remote work-from-home position.
- Candidates will be graded by experience with the mix of skills referenced above.
- This position pays between $50,000 and $60,000, or freelance payment if preferred, depending on the experience of the selected candidate. Room for advancement is included, as our company continues to grow.
- This position will report directly to the CEO of the company.
More about Compass Biosciences
Since 2010, Compass owns and operates two patient walk-in clinics, and one national laboratory in San Diego, CA.
In addition, Compass has been practicing telehealth every day since 2018 as one of the fastest-growing physician-owned practices in the country under one of its brands, SkyMD, offering physicians an effective way to practice through a combination of in-person and telemedicine encounters. Branching out across the USA, the medical group currently practices in all 50 US States, accepts all major private medical insurance, and prides itself on offering patients the very best in medical care. Our patients, both urban and rural, have access to our talented providers state-wide, and those providers are further supported by our experienced staff and deep bench of sub-specialty leadership, comprised of tenured doctors and surgeons.
We strive to always provide the highest level of patient-first care. Led by owner and founder, Dr. Antoanella Calame, MD, our medical group seeks to attract the best physicians in their field, whom are fully committed to their patients ongoing care.
To meet our owner, please visit Dr. Antoanella Calames profile and CV page here:
Thank you for your time,
The Compass HR Department
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
Our local San Diego offices and clinics have been exceeding San Diego County guidelines since COVID started. We have also been a COVID testing facility since May 2020, and are actively participating as a vaccination site for the local San Diego public.
- Bachelors (Required)
Work Location: Remote