Fiberglass Laminator Job in Leisure Pools/Integra Pool Covers/Orion Composites/Nationwide Tanks
Apply Here Job Description :
Last Date For Apply: 26/Mar/2022 12:03:12 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : PermanentApply Here
LEISURE POOLS IS NOW HIRING FIBERGLASS LAMINATORS
- Starting pay $15.00 per hour, may be more based on experience
- 1st shift 5 A.M. – 1:30 P.M. (start times may vary)
- Monday-Friday schedule (occasional Saturday morning)
- Overtime maybe required during peak periods
- Experience preferred but not necessary
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Will need to tolerate the strong odor of chemicals
- Apply online or in person M-F at the plant 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Best time for possible on the spot interview is 8:30 am to 10:30 am.
- Select precut fiberglass mats, cloth, and wood-bracing materials as required by projects being assembled.
- Inspect, clean, and assemble molds before beginning work.
- Mask off mold areas not to be laminated, using cellophane, wax paper, masking tape, or special sprays containing mold-release substances.
- Mix catalysts into resins, and saturate cloth and mats with mixtures, using sprayer or brushes.
- Spray chopped fiberglass, resins, and catalysts onto prepared molds or dies using pneumatic spray guns with chopper attachments.
- Pat or press layers of saturated mat or cloth into place on molds, using brushes, rollers or hands, and smooth out wrinkles and air bubbles with hands or rollers.
- Apply layers of plastic resin to mold surfaces prior to placement of fiberglass mats, repeating layers until products have the desired thicknesses and plastics have jelled.
- Check completed products for conformance to specifications and for defects by measuring with rulers or micrometers, by checking them visually, or by tapping them to detect bubbles or dead spots.
- Trim excess materials from projects using trimming knives, sanders, grinders or other equipment.
- Inspect and clean production and trimming equipment.
- Build production molds.
- Repair or modify damaged or defective glass-fiber parts, checking thicknesses, densities, and contours to ensure an adequate repair.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) – The ability to inspect, clean, wear required and/or optional PPE for personal protection while performing specific tasks. These include safety glasses or prescription safety glasses with side shields, and may include head covering, dust masks, paper respirators, silicone respirators, gloves for the specific tasks performed (chemical- resistant, cut-resistant, cloth, vibration-resistant), protective clothing (coveralls, shoe covers), closed-toed shoes, knee and elbow pads, fall protection for work above 4 feet (harness and lanyard, connected to an overhead cable).
- The employee may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Work Location: One location