Experienced Quality Production Specialist (Investigations)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is looking for an Experienced Quality Production Specialist (level 3) based out of Wichita, KS.
The primary focus of this role will be investigating, containing and obtaining comprehensive Root Cause and Corrective Action of defective supplier product escapes. In this role, one will collaborate and communicate with internal and external partners, track and respond to supplier communication, and support the Boeing Production System structure.
We are committed to provide our team equal opportunity for growth in a stable work environment. We encourage every teammate to feel empowered to bring their best through creativity, innovation, and diversity as this drives a positive culture through transparency, safety, quality, and respect. Above all, Employees will be provided the opportunity to seek, speak, and listen within the organization which they are encouraged to share externally with each Boeing customer to build balanced work relationships.
- Reviews and validates product non-conformances and disposition type, quality procedures and engineering requirements.
- Performs analysis to identify and evaluate the quality of products, operations and processes to Quality Management System requirements, applicable company procedures, contract requirements or government regulations.
- Applies knowledge of aerospace design, systems and integration to perform failure and forensic analysis of aerospace components and systems.
- Trains and mentors fellow employees in the Quality Management System.
- Performs root cause analysis on the nonconformance to identify the cause and prevent reoccurrence.
- Independently develops, modifies and documents actions to assure problem resolution or to implement corrective/preventive action and documents resolution.
- Obtains corrective action on nonconforming plans and hardware/processes.
- Negotiates concurrence, obtains commitments for taking preventive and corrective action, prioritizes quality activities and ensures problem resolution. Reviews and validates the corrective action plans and identifies effectivity to ensure completion.
- Reviews and approves Quality planning changes or disposition of nonconformance hardware products/processes.
- Guides validation of configuration management, quality procedures and material review policies to deliver the software products.
- Develops software system processes to support changing industry standards.
- Reviews and implements corrective action on audit results to ensure media is stored and handled per engineering defined requirements. Interprets industry standards and provide recommendations for implementation.
- Creates analytical reports and coordinates with the responsible parties for internal/external distribution.
- Works under general direction.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience with QMS (Quality management System)
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- 1+ years of experience applying Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA), or other similar rigorous problem/analysis/resolution, processes to engineering development and manufacturing/production efforts
- 1+ years of experience data mining, processing, and analysis
- 1+ years of experience developing presentations for leadership.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience with Boeing Production System
- Experience using the Supplier Quality Information System (SQIS) as part of a statement of work.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years related work experience, 5 years related work experience, etc.).
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $74,800 – $101,200
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.