The Denver Foundation seeks a community-focused Events Specialist who centers on mission-based work supporting the foundation’s vision, mission, and purpose. Our Events Specialist manages the logistics and activities for all events at The Denver Foundation.
The Events Specialist reports to the Vice President of Communications and requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, strong communication skills, flexibility to adapt, and experience successfully managing complex events.
This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado. We work on a hybrid schedule of at least two days in-office (Monday and Thursday required). The starting salary for this position is $55,000 to $60,000 per year. This position is salaried, exempt, and eligible for all the foundation’s benefits. Benefits include paid time off, retirement (403b) contribution, tuition assistance, and medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. The starting salary will be based on experience.
The Denver Foundation is Rocky Mountain Wests largest and most experienced community foundation. For nearly 100 years, people in Metro Denver and across Colorado have trusted The Denver Foundation to steward charitable funds to meet today’s needs and tomorrow’s opportunities. In partnership with generous donors and community partners, we lead a community-wide effort to build a better future for everyone. The foundations vision is a Metro Denver that is racially equitable in its leadership, prosperity, and culture, and we are a catalytic leader that engages in critical issues and accelerates systems change. To achieve this, all staff must intentionally apply Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity to their practice. The ideal candidates for this position are committed to racial equity.
The Events Specialist will project manage complex events, including assigning roles and responsibilities and ensuring the project stays on track, facilitating the planning and organization of events, consulting with stakeholders to clarify event expectations, and stewarding each aspect of events from start to finish. The position will also contribute communications content related to events and support the communications team by collecting and contributing content from events for The Denver Foundation’s publications and reports, effectively responding to internal support requests, proofreading written content, and providing general project and administrative support.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in the following key areas:
- Event planning and event management
- Organizing events and creatively ensuring that all aspects of events are aligned with the mission and the values of the organization
- Effectively communicating with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, as well as effectively communicating with external stakeholders
- Partnering with vendors and external partners to ensure the success of the event
- Creative problem-solving while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Working well independently while also effectively collaborating with others
Candidates must possess the following:
- At least three years of relevant meeting, event planning, and event management experience
- Ability to organize and manage an event and use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Ability to edit materials to ensure accurate spelling, grammar, and style
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to center principles of equity in their work and to build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures
- Strong collaboration skills
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to the situation
- Strong attention to detail and customer service
A full job description and application link are available on our careers page at http://www.denverfoundation.org/About/Careers. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Denver Foundation practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor all community members diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.