This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by enhancing the guests experience by providing administrative assistance and support to the Catering and Conference Services Departments by creating, coordinating, and/or maintaining all related documentation/contracts, files, and reports generated by these two departments. This position is also responsible for assisting guests with their shipping, faxing, copying and computer needs. This position requires focus in our superior standards which displays a sense of pride in the Sanctuary Commitments and Sanctuary Standards of Excellence.
Note: The following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive.
Catering & Conference Services:
- Answer and coordinate all incoming calls.
- Service Groups/Weddings/Social events assigned by DOCS including planning and execution.
- Create and distribute Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) for assigned events.
- Assist group client with on and off property transportation and activity requirements.
- Work with Group Room Coordinator to ensure the accuracy of the rooming list and billing instructions.
- Review and approval final invoice for all events.
- Order and coordinate delivery of VIP amenities, as needed.
- Coordinate the tracking and billing of outside activities, working closely with Concierge, elements restaurant, Spa and outside entities.
- Supervise Catering Coordinator in completing assigned tasks.
- Train and develop Catering Coordinator on servicing weddings.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Catering and Conference Services.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- General internet knowledge and use, including search capabilities.
- Computer set up skills, i.e., connecting printers to laptops.
- Excellent phone etiquette skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit continuously to perform essential job functions for entire shift.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple tasks while supporting the needs of both guests and the department.