SUMMARY: The Barista ensures that the mission, principles, and Scooters touchstones are carried out, embraced, and modeled. The Barista must have a positive attitude, be passionate about the food and beverage industry and enjoy working with people. The Barista plays a key role in Scooters energetic team of food and beverage enthusiasts who are driven to provide excellent customer service.
- Makes and serves specialty coffee and tea beverages
- Adheres to recipes and presentations for food and beverage items
- Speaks and interacts with both new and regular customers
- Understands appropriate up-selling techniques
- Maintains a clean and sanitized work station
- Follows health and safety guidelines
- Performs other functions as directed
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Education and Work Experience
- Must be at least 15 years old
- 1+ years of customer service experience preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be able to deal professionally and tactfully with customers and co-workers at all times
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills
- Must work efficiently in a quick-paced environment requiring multi-tasking and prioritization
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Must be punctual, dependable and reliable
- Must be able to contribute to a positive team environment
Physical Capabilities Required
- Most physical exertion is in the low range, requiring exertion of less than 5 pounds of force fairly regularly however, may occasionally require exertion of up to 25 pounds.
- Job includes major amounts of reaching, standing, walking, talking and hearing
- Must have a sufficient visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned to employees, and to make general inspections of the work area
Environmental conditions include a mild to moderate noise level
About Scooters Coffee:
Established in 1998, Scooters Coffee has distinguished itself as one of the premiere specialty coffee companies in the industry. Scooters Coffee may be one of the fastest-growing specialty coffee brands, but simplicity is at our core: sustainably-sourced ingredients we handcraft into perfection. We believe in taking time to connect and create an amazing experience in each life we touch. At Scooters Coffee we live our core values of integrity, love, humility and courage and we are looking for talented, passionate, amazing people to join our team.
You are applying to work with a franchisee of Scooters Coffee. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set own terms of employment, including wage and benefit programs, which can vary between franchisees.
Brand: Scooters Coffee
Address: 3305 S Sycamore Ave Sioux Falls, SD – 57103
Property Description: 290 – 41st and Sycamore
Property Number: 290