Entry Level Liability Claims Adjuster – Remote Home Based Worker (PA, VA, NJ)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Auto accidents are usually unnerving and unique. So, it takes someone special to put the pieces back together for our customers.
This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for to truly impact someone’s life! Start your claims professional career today as a Liability Adjuster and be part of our dynamic team!
A day in the life:
- Investigate single and multi-vehicle auto accidents using innovative tools and technology to capture recorded statements, photos and/or the review of police reports to resolve losses.
- Document claims through active listening and use of data to summarize liability decisions.
- Communicate compassionately with customers and help them through their claim process in a fast, fair and easy manner.
- Negotiate claim settlements with customers in accordance with business unit standard methodologies.
- Use data and analytics to problem solve and contribute to team goals by sharing ideas and opinions.
As a condition of employment, your office/area may require you to obtain an adjuster and/or an appraiser license. If required, the hiring manager will work with you along with the centralized licensing team to ensure that you are properly licensed
This position is a permanent remote home-based worker. Your home office does not need to be near an Allstate office, but it does need to be in the United States. This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses. This position is not available for California, Alaska, and Hawaii residents.
Candidates who reside in the following locations are preferred:
- Philadelphia, PA
- Moorestown, NJ
- Virginia – Statewide
You’re a great match for this role if:
You are located in an eastern time zone
- You want to utilize your customer service skills to help restore peoples’ lives
- You have a strong desire to make a difference through compassionate customer service
- You are willing to work flexible hours or weekends when our customers need you
- You’re an empathic, upbeat and friendly self-starter who can work independently, as well as, on a team
- You’re excited about solving problems and coming up with creative solutions
- You feel comfortable working within the Microsoft Office Suite and would be excited to learn new technology
- You’re organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- You’re known for clear and professional communication – both written and verbal
- You have a bachelor’s degree and/or prior customer service experience
- Being bilingual and/or having prior military experience is a plus
What’s in it for you?
Sign on bonus: $1,000 if you have an active adjuster license in FL, TX, or your resident state
- New hire equipment bundle
- Paid training and licensing
- Internet reimbursement
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Cafeteria style health insurance plan- starts day one!
- 401K match and pension plan
- Volunteer opportunities + matching donations
- Visit AllstateGoodLife.com to learn more
Compensation range for this position is $47,500 – $55,800 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life – including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.