Entry Level – Help People Learn Skills $1,000 bonus* Job in ACLD
Entry Level – Help People Learn Skills $1,000 bonus*
$1,000 Bonus for Bethpage & Hauppauge Locations
Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm (40 hrs) NO MANDATED OVERTIME
POSITIONS IN: Bethpage, Deer Park, Glen Cove & Hauppauge!
Help Neighbors with Disabilities to ASPIRE HIGHER
Train for an entry-level career in the healthcare/education field! Call/Text 516-732-3979 or email jobs@ acld.org
ACLD is accredited by The Council on Quality and Leadership (CQL).
ACLD is a “2021 Top Workplaces USA” winner!
ACLD, a leading not-for-profit agency employing 1300+ staff and providing over 80 program sites across Long Island, assists children, teens and adults in reaching the highest level of independence with the freedom to ASPIRE HIGHER. We’re hiring positive, motivated people who want to do meaningful work, assisting people diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities in reaching their goals. Feel good about what you do! Paid Training & career path.
As an Entry Level Assistant, you will:
- Assist people with arts & crafts, reading, music and more!
- Provide structure and emotional support.
- Assist in resolving behavioral issues help participants reach their goals
- Help people supported with personal hygiene.
- Complete detailed, accurate documentation.
- Transport people to/from volunteer and pre-vocational activities using Agency vehicles.
We offer Top Benefits | Career Paths | Tuition Reimbursement | Paid Training | government loan forgiveness | Employee Recognition | Management and Colleagues enjoy working together | affordable Master’s Degree Program
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Maintain required trainings in AMAP (Approved Medication Administration Personnel) and SCIP (Strategies for Crises Intervention and Prevention); complete within 6 months
- The ability to assist with lifting and transferring an adult person
- Flexibility to be reassigned to other programs and/or locations (if needed)
Experience as a Caregiver, Care Assistant, Resident Assistant, Direct Care Workers, Nursing Assistant, Home Care Aide, Direct Support Professional or Companion is only preferred, not required. Salary: $15+ & up /hour
Entry Level – Help People Learn Skills (Day Habilitation) for immediate consideration, Call/Text 516-732-3979 or email jobs@ acld.org. An EOE m/f/d/v.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Last Date For Apply: 26/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here