Electronics Assembler Job in NDI (Northern Digital Inc.)
When the world’s top medical device OEMs and academic institutes need real-time medical instrument navigation, they call NDI. Why? Because no one can rival the accuracy and reliability of our optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions. NDI team members are passionate about delivering innovative technology that will help to unlock new procedures and solutions. Interested in becoming a valued member of the NDI team? We’re growing and looking for great people to join us.
What You Will Be Doing:
Performs electrical assembly of NDI products with the use of microscope, solder and epoxies.
- Assembles and solders cables and cable components
- Required to solder small wires to printed circuit boards
- Can work most of the day under a high-powered microscope
Performs mechanical assembly of NDI Products
- Mechanically assembles connectors, enclosures sub-assemblies and micro-assemblies
- Performs encapsulation of electrical components in non-conductive material(s) as required
Performs process control activities relating to product quality and inventory control
- Visually inspect your own work for complete, error-free assembly
- Performs basic testing (continuity) of electrical circuits and connections
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintains point-of-use inventory accurately; requisitions for re-supply as required
Works in a safe manner and engages in good housekeeping practices
- Adhere to all required safety practices and standards
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of work area
- Follows required Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) practices
Help improve manufacturing processes
- Offers feedback and suggests changes to improve processes
Ready To Make a Difference?
What Will You Bring to this Role:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A fit with NDI culture: Be Different, Be Better; Customer First; Be Genuine & Honest; Win Together
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Can sit for long hours at a desk
- Is comfortable working under a microscope for majority of the tasks
- Understands proper use of tools
- Ability to perform fine detail assembly work
- Able to read and follow process documentation including work instructions and drawings
- Is comfortable using a computer to capture data relevant to the job being assembled in an ERP system (lot numbers, scrap comments, etc…)
- Is an artist, model builder or enjoys detailed oriented hobbies
- Patient and calm personality
Why NDI in Shelburne, Vermont?
- NDI is a growing global company based in Ontario, Canada with additional offices in Vermont USA, Germany, and Hong Kong.
- Exciting, challenging and meaningful work based on cool technology.
- Employee social and engagement events throughout the year.
- Located in popular Shelburne, Vermont and 45 minutes to the ski and snowboard resorts of the Green Mountains.
- 20 minutes to Burlington, Vermont International Airport and 15 minutes to the to the shores of Lake Champlain and the Burlington Surf Club.
- Located in a campus like setting that includes courtyard, large outdoor areas, skylights, ample parking, pizza, wine and beer and much more!
- Steps away from Shelburne Museum which hosts frequent festivals and a summer concert series.
This is a full-time position eligible for participation in the Company’s group insurance plan on day one. Our benefit programs support our employees and allow them to balance their personal lives with flexible work hours and environment. NDI offers generous paid vacation, sick time, paid Holidays time and company-wide shut-down. Also, 401k plan with matching contributions by the company and tuition reimbursement program. Two kinds of Medical plans + Dental and Vision coverage on day one of employment. The company pays for Basic Life Insurance & AD&D and Short Term/Long Term Disability. After you have been an employee for 6 months you are eligible to participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Diversity & Inclusion Corporate Statement
We strive to create an inclusive environment that inspires and supports different ideas, attitudes and beliefs. Most importantly, promoting a workplace where everyone has the opportunity to contribute and do their best work. The greater diversity in our team, the better unique perspectives we share, the stronger our company becomes.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts, and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
- High School or better
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)