DMV Titles Technical Records Specialist 1
Do you want to make a difference and be part of an award-winning agency, dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in Idaho through transportation? At the Idaho Transportation Department, every employee is critical to the mission and we strive to foster an innovative, collaborative workplace where employees can grow and do their best work. The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is recruiting for individuals with exceptional customer service skills for Technical Records Specialist 1 (TRS1) positions in our Division of Motor Vehicles. These positions are located at our current headquarters location in Boise and work out of the programs below. Schedules are Monday through Friday during the business hours of 7:30am – 6:00pm. Hybrid remote work is available.
- Exceptions to this rate may be considered for candidates with DMV experience.
DMV HQ Units
Motor Carrier Services
Registrations & Special plates
Centralized Processing Unit
Technical Records Specialist 1 positions are entry level opportunities in our Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). There is potential to advance in not only the DMV but Idaho Transportation Department as a whole.
Notice: This position requires a criminal background investigation before a final job offer is made.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Reviews, evaluates, approves, and processes records and/or documents
- Extensive customer service over the phone explaining requirements, processes, and procedures
- Maintains a manual or computerized records system performs related work
- Gathers information, makes decisions, resolves problems, and responds to inquiries that involves an extensive in-depth knowledge of the program
- Utilizes independent judgment and discretion as to the methods, policies, and procedures used to complete assignments
- Conducts involved searches which may require accessing and selecting multiple information sources or contact with clients, vendors, or outside sources to obtain information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum requirement is met by 1 year of experience for all of the following.
- Experience: monitoring a records system to identify and correct errors
- Researching a variety of sources to resolve problems
- Interpreting, explaining and applying regulations, laws, or complex policies to carry out assignments
- Entering and retrieving data using a computerized records system.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Note: Your work history must support your answers on the exam/questionnaire.
To learn more about the department, please visit the ITD website. Make a difference in your community and in the lives of the citizens of Idaho!
The State of Idaho offers a robust total compensation package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance PERSI retirement benefits paid sick, vacation, and parental leave and 11 paid holidays per year. For additional information related to benefits and/or State programs, please visit https://dhr.idaho.gov/StateEmployees/Benefits.html.*
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email email@example.com.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
- Benefits may not be applicable for temporary or seasonal positions.