DMV Registrations Technical Records Specialist 2
Do you want to make a difference and be part of an award-winning agency, dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in Idaho through transportation? At the Idaho Transportation Department, every employee is critical to the mission and we strive to foster an innovative, collaborative workplace where employees can grow and do their best work. The Division of Motor Vehicles is currently looking to hire a Technical Records Specialist 2 (TRS2). This position will provide support to the unit as a team lead. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer services skills, independent decision making, and strong interpersonal skills.
Please note: These positions require a criminal background check AND will be scheduled to work during the core hours of 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m. Monday through Friday.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Support the DMV as the first point of contact over the phone using extensive knowledge of DMV policies and procedures
- Have the authority, knowledge, and judgment to devise solutions that fall outside existing policies and procedures
- Problem solving and negotiation skills with authority to act on decisions made
- Serve as a program expert and provide guidance and assistance regarding complex program rules and regulations to office staff and external customers
- Frequent contact with internal and external customers, which requires good public relation skills
- Function with considerable independence and exercise discretion in applying policies and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of department programs and objectives.
- Work closely with unit staff to:
- Create and maintain standard operating procedure documents, update the DMV manual.
- Create and maintain training materials and documents.
- Provide unit training to new unit employees of software applications and program knowledge.
Experience: Minimum requirement met by 1 year of experience for all of the following.
- Monitoring record systems to identify and correct errors
- Interpreting, explaining, and applying laws, regulations, and complex policies for multiple or highly specialized programs
- Analyzing information and researching a variety of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues
- Dealing with individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds in stressful situations
- Entering and retrieving data using a computerized record system
- Composing and proofreading business correspondence.
To learn more about the department, please visit the ITD website. Make a difference in your community and in the lives of the citizens of Idaho!
The State of Idaho offers a robust total compensation package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance PERSI retirement benefits paid sick, vacation, and parental leave and 11 paid holidays per year. For additional information related to benefits and/or State programs, please visit https://dhr.idaho.gov/StateEmployees/Benefits.html.*
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
- Benefits may not be applicable for temporary or seasonal positions.