The Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, table ware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
- Create a culture of food exploration, innovation and education for customers and employees.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes.
- Carry clean dishes to cooks line and other proper storage areas.
- Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pan and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up and breakdown dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Compliant with company food safety policy.
- Other duties are directed.
Direct: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain state Food Handlers Permit.
- Must be 18 years or older.
Skills and Experiences:
- Must have ability to read and comprehend labels on chemicals.
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen preferred.
- There are no travel requirements with this position.
- Work space will be primarily in kitchen environment with exposure to machine induced background noise, ice/wet areas, hot grills, fryers, slicers, freezers and refrigerated areas.
- Exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.
- Must be available to work flexible or unusual hours as needed, including early mornings or overnight shifts.
- Must be able to perform physical activity: Lifting, standing/walking, bending, twisting, reaching, fingering, pushing/pulling, sitting.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
- General work schedule will be rotating days off based on needs of the business.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly, and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey!
The organization includes 2,230 stores, 23 distribution facilities, and 20 manufacturing plants with over 300,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is publicly owned with supermarkets across the country that includes Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, ACME, Shaw’s, Tom Thumb, United Supermarkets, United Express, Randalls, Albertson’s Market, Pavilions, Star Markets, Market Street, Carrs, Haggen, Lucky, Amigos, Andronico’s Community Markets, King’s, Balducci’s, and Albertson’s Market Street.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job and are not the official job description for the position. All employees must comply with Company, Division, and Store policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel may vary within store and/or from store to store and the official job description will be provided during the application process.
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at 1-888-255-2269.