Director, Human Resources Operations Job in Eastern Virginia Medical School
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Human Resources, the Director of Human Resources Operations is a key member of the EVMS HR leadership team. This position is responsible for assisting with strategy development and ensuring successful execution of human resources operations in all functions of HR including, but not limited to, total rewards, performance management, employee relations, learning and development, recruitment, selection and onboarding. Ensures quality HR service delivery through effective collaboration with the organizational stakeholders and the HR team. Significant time and effort will be devoted to managing the key functions of HR and services HR provides to EVMS. However, the
Director is expected to perform critical tasks in all functions of HR when necessary (i.e. spike in workload in a particular area).
- Assist Associate VP of HR with development, implementation and ensuring compliance with HR policies. Directs the day-to-day operations of human resource functions including, but not limited to total rewards analysis and administration, learning and development training, employee relations, performance management, recruitment, retention, and onboarding.
- Guides and influences corporate culture by encouraging diversity, inclusiveness, fairness, transparency throughout the organization, and effectively facilitate department operations.
- Coach and consult with the department leadership teams on human resources concerns to manage business, labor, legal/compliance risk, and support employment engagement and performance management.
- Maintains and recruits staff by establishing a progressive recruiting and hiring program involving innovative advertisement of open positions, counseling hiring managers on candidate selection, analyzing exit interviews, and formulating recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze and develop solution focused responses to complex or critical issues involving the workforce and recommend corrective action, seeking consultation from the
Associate VP for HR when necessary.
- Facilitates effective job search activities (posting & updating), and processing hiring documents.
- Ensure timely processing of Personnel Action Sheets in coordination with Payroll and department supervisors.
- Mentor, train and consult with all levels of supervisors on current EVMS HR policies and updated State & Federal employment laws and regulations. Serve as liaison for employee-employer relationships.
- Annually conduct study on compensation and benefit programs including conducting comparison studies and meeting with vendors on benefit packages enabling the company to maintain competitive within the industry.
- Perform projects and research assigned by the Associate Vice President of Human
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISORY RESPOSIBILITIES:
Students, vendors, faculty, staff, administrators, and public.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a proven record of accomplishment demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Must be able to decide how to allocate people, time and other resource to create, execute, and accomplish an operating or project plan on time and within budget.
- Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Must be able to manage priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed, as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member with peers, other managers, staff and senior leadership.
- Must possess good customer service and communications skills, the ability to work with professionals and maintain confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000.00 – $130,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Last Date For Apply: 19/Sep/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : PermanentApply Here