Dir- Primary Care Service Line
Northern Light Health
Department: SVP Clinical Operations
Position is located: Cianchette Professional Blding
Work Type: Full Time
40 hours per week
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The NLH Primary Care Service Line Administrative Director in partnership with the Service Line Physician Dyad, is responsible for planning, directing and evaluating the delivery of standardized best practice of Primary Care services across the system in fulfillment of the Primary Care Center of Excellence strategic plan . S/he will work in accordance with the professional standards of the specialty, applicable regulatory requirements and business/patient care objectives of the organization. The incumbent provides strategic leadership and operational expertise in assessing, developing and implementing initiatives/activities which improve access, panel and new patient growth , financial performance/productivity, patient experience, maximize effective utilization of resources and collaborating with existing clinical and administrative leaders to enhance patient outcomes/service satisfaction of all identified customer groups and generate a competitive advantage for NLH. The incumbent works in close collaboration with the NLH Medical Group leadership and other regional departments/service lines and their respective administrative leaders with respect to business plan development and to coordinate services across the care continuum.
Strategic Planning o Works with the Primary Care Co- President of the Medical Group and other NLH leaders to implement the primary care Center of Excellence strategic plan addressing clinic staffing, access, provider recruitment and retention, patient experience, services offered, practice localization, marketing, and other initiatives that arise to ensure activities are aligned with the annual NLH system goals. Leadership o Leads the development of vision and annual goals for the system’s primary care practices. Works with the primary care dyads to address the challenges facing primary care and to ensure effective and efficient management. Provides feedback to the dyads to improve patient care, practice operations and overall processes of care. Creates structure and support for continuous improvement, with particular emphasis on engaging providers in activities to meet practice goals. Operational Oversight o Works closely with both the local/regional primary care dyads and primary care providers to efficiently and effectively deliver quality healthcare and to meet practice goals. Serves as a mentor to providers, especially lead physicians, support as necessary adherence to population health primary care delivery model and quality metrics. o Co-Chairs key work groups, leads and supports as necessary agenda, priorities, recommendations and implementation of action plans o Provide regular reports as requested to regional and /or system level committees/councils. o Visit primary care practices throughout the system as required and participate at regional medical group meetings Performance Oversight o Works with the primary care dyads to attain high quality scores, realize productivity and financial goals, grow the primary care network, and to attain high patient experience, employee/provider engagement scores and compliance with population health metrics. Standardization and Branding o Work with the primary care dyads, Medical Group Leadership and any/all established and/or created work groups to create and reinforce the NLH primary care brand – standardizing the delivery of primary care across all practices within the system Short- and Long-Term Planning: • Anticipates and recognizes the evolving factors that affect current/future needs, and directs the development of strategies/initiatives/programs/projects to respond/foster/support future growth of service line clinical areas(s) and address matter such as: provision of new services, standardization of policies/practices across the organization, increasing market share, maximizing revenues, cross-selling services, improving efficacy/cost-effectiveness of clinical services provided, enhancing patient outcomes/satisfaction and others of similar complexity and consequence understands and ensures the full optimization of available information technology to achievement of overall business objectives develops formal strategic/tactical plans, to include both short- and long-term business planning, with full accountability for achievement of plan objectives presents and gains support for recommendations and directs project management efforts to develop/implement planning objectives. • Works with Medical Group, MO Leadership and Strategic Planning to prepare business case to support direction of recommendations. Performance/Quality Improvement: • Works directly with the system and local Quality leaders to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate systems/initiatives/programs to facilitate performance/quality improvements in keeping with strategic objectives and regulatory requirements, conducts ongoing assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of the assigned clinical area(s) to better understand/identify future needs and challenges evaluates existing systems/program/priorities and future potential to make recommendations for growth, expansions, new services and solvency of existing services based on market demographics and volume projections develops and presents comprehensive recommendations regarding the viability of specific systems/projects plans and directs quality process improvement initiatives/projects to ensure achievement of business objectives. Resource Management/Budget Administration: • Works with Finance to assess impact of service line activities at the local and system level. Assists in developing recommendations for operating and capital budgets. Contributes to cost control analyses, revenue capture recommendations, and productivity assessments. Staff Management and Development: • Working with HR, identify performance standards and develop recommendations for staff training consistent with best practices. Regulatory Compliance: • Work with system Compliance and local leadership to ensure full compliance with internal/external legal and regulatory standards and requirements, and that effective control procedures are in place and fully functioning to preclude improprieties from occurring monitors the effectiveness of current practices in meeting expectations and producing desired results. • Maintains regulatory requirements/regulation, clinical/professional standards, changing customer demographics and competitive industry practices impacting assigned functions, as well as organizational initiatives/changes with potential to impact current strategies, programs and resources determines nature/scope of impact on existing activities and determines effective response/solution while maintaining acceptable service levels and work quality.
* 8+ years of relative experience required.
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
- Acts Strategic: Creates effective plans that anticipate future consequences and opportunities and is able to connect the day to day operations to longer-term objectives, shifts in the industry, and system goals.
- Applies Business Acumen: Demonstrates knowledge of current and future trends that impact organizational success. Applies proven practices and business theories to get results that meet financial as well as other business goals. Recognizes opportunities for new services and products and acts accordingly, taking measured risks into consideration. Possesses a thorough knowledge of their field and independently carries out their work in accordance with professional standards of the profession.
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organizations benefit.
- Develops Self and Others: Takes responsibility for engaging in professional self-development activities and programs. Strives to gain insight into their own values, strengths and weaknesses, interests and ambitions and takes action in order to enhance competencies and skills when possible. As a leader, encourages and guides employees towards growth opportunities to enhance performance and help them reach goals. Reviews and analyzes employees strengths and weaknesses to distinguish their talents and development needs, and to ensure they are enhanced appropriately.
- Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences level.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others actions and decisions with and without express authority.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
- Masters Degree
- Continuous sitting.
- Work beyond the regularly scheduled hours.
- Need to drive to perform responsible duties.