Dining Services Assistant
We are hiring for Dining Services Assistants to join our team!
Please contact Lennox Burey at 203-459-5152 for more information.
Where you work is as important as the work you do! When it comes to our employees, we believe no one does it better than Athena. Not only do we continually strive to be the best in the care and services we provide to our patients and their families, but we also aim to be the employer of choice.
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance among the lowest employee contributions in the state (Employee Contributions as low as $12.00 for singles & $39.00 for families)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest and most respected operators of skilled nursing centers in Southern New England. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
- Follow therapeutic diet cards as ordered by the physician.
- Ensure proper serving temperature of the food and beverages.
- Assure delivery on a timely basis.
- Maintains visual appeal of the food and emphasis on the use of garnishes.
- Adhere to daily nourishment list and stock nourishment stations.
- Assist the cook in monitoring of meal serving times.
- Adhere to sanitation and storage policy and procedure.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to follow oral and written communication.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of the dining service areas must perform regular inspections of dietary services areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing dietary practices.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
On-the-job training is provided. No experience is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Athena Health Care Systems and its managed centers follow federal and state mandatory guidelines regarding staff vaccinations our vaccination policy requires all newly hired staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).