Deckhand – 2022 Season Job in American Cruise Lines
Apply Here Job Description :Last Date For Apply: 25/Mar/2022 12:03:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here
American Cruise Lines (ACL), the largest USA flagged cruise line in the United States, is looking to add Deckhands to our shipboard team as we gear up for our 2022 season. ACL only operates within the USA. We have no more than 200 passenger vessels that create a one of a kind small ship experience. With newly constructed vessels being added to our fleet, we are now accepting applications for our Crew Excellence Program for our 2022 season!
As a participant within our American Cruise Lines Crew Excellence Program you will be given the opportunity to travel the US and live on a cruise ship, while building your resume and learning skills that will last a lifetime. Gain valuable experience while becoming hospitality certified as you step outside of the box and reach your maximum potential.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following traits: hardworking, natural leader, ambitious, goal-oriented, and a team player. The roles within this program being offered are for Server, Dishwasher, Housekeeper, and Deckhand. Applying to this program will allow you to choose your path within one of these dynamic roles.
For 28-weeks you will live on board one of our vessels. Each ship is unique and will allow you to experience in the ins and outs of shipboard life. Within our Crew Excellence Program participants will be rewarded at each milestone that they have completed throughout their 28-weeks on board. Levels 1 through 7 represent an accomplishment that is truly gratifying once completed.
We are currently accepting applications for our 2022 season with an anticipated start date of January-March of 2022. During the application process, candidates are encouraged to consider which position is of the most interest to them. No two jobs are the same which allows for an opportunity to become a well-rounded hospitality professional.
- Deckhands are entry-level marine crewmembers trusted with the opportunity to assist in vessel operations standing helm, gangway, and security watches.
- Standing helm watches assisting the Captain and Mate in steering the vessel
- Handling lines, gangways, anchors, and marine equipment under the guidance of Captains and Mates
- Standing gangway and deck watches including security, maintenance, and passenger assistance duties
- Loading and unloading guest luggage, ship stores, garbage, and daily logistics tasks
- Cleaning all exterior decks, verandas, windows, furniture, and marine spaces
- Washing, drying, and folding all ship laundry
- Maintain continual professional grooming and uniform appearance
- Continual availability to assist guests and crew
- Rotate through day-night watch and task schedules averaging 12-hrs daily
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- You are at least 18 years old and have graduated from high school.
- Physically strong, with stamina to work long hours
- Well-groomed and clean appearance
- Friendly and outgoing interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills and the desire to learn
- College experience preferred
- US Citizenship or legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to clearly speak and write the English Language
- TWIC Preferred – Click Here for information on how to obtain your TWIC
- Pre-Employment Drug Test: Under Federal Law and the Department of Transportation we are required to pre-employment drug test all shipboard employees. This includes testing for Marijuana and other controlled substances. We are also an alcohol free company.
- $1,000 New-hire Bonus! – Work onboard for 6 weeks (42 days) and the bonus is earned 6 weeks from your first day onboard.
- Earn Money – Pay ranges from $700 to $900 per week.
- Minimal Expenses – Your living expenses are all covered while onboard. It’s a dormitory-style environment.
- Travel the Country – We visit 30 states on our different cruises and travel through the most beautiful areas in our country.
- Maritime and Hospitality Experience – This is a strong foundation for a career in the hospitality industry and a way to build your sea time for a license.