Data Entry Clerk Mens Low Barrier Shelters Job in Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Washington
- Posted: October 20, 2021
LocationsShowing 1 location
Washington, DC 20018, USA
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision and values.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington values the safety of our employees, our clients, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington.
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: The Data Entry Clerk enters biographical data related to client information into the computer and manages data to produce reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key in information electronically into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and DHS UIR databases.
- Organizes and maintains received data and source documents (i.e., intake forms, bed lists and other related documents.
- Prepares and sorts source documents and identifies data to be entered.
- Contacts preparer of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
- Compiles, sort, and verify accuracy of data to be entered.
- Keeps record of work completed.
- Reviews reports and enter corrections as needed.
- Responds to inquiries regarding data entered.
- Prepares prescribed reports.
- Completes all data entry, accurately and completely within 48 hours of receipt.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3 months experience working as a data entry clerk/assistant or Administrative Assistant.
- Proficiency in web-based databases including MS Word, Excel in the Outlook Office 365 Suite.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- A valid local driver’s license and a clean driving record, if applicable.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)