Customer Support Agent for Emergency Road Service – REMOTE – 2nd Shift Job in Ascent Pro Support
Ascent Pro Support operates a 24/7/365 contact center with 100% remote agents. We provide support for the largest tire company and their customers. We are based in Muscatine, IA but our agents work 100% remotely. We have a wonderful team and need to add long-term customer support agents. Our agents assist customers with emergency tire breakdowns across the U.S.A. and Canada. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service and computer skills, and a private, quiet office area in their home with their own computer equipment. The training will be conducted from 11am-7pm CST for two weeks. We are authorized to hire employees in the following states: Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, South Dakota, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida.
We need to fill second shift hours (listed in CST):
Mon-Wed 3-11pm, Sat-Sun 7am-3pm
Benefits for Full-Time Agents working 30 hours or more per week:
·9 Paid Holidays.
·Double pay when scheduled on Ascent holidays.
·144 hours of paid time off per year.
·401(k) available after 1 year of service.
·Paid remote training via Microsoft Teams.
·Health, dental, & vision insurance. Ascent pays half of the employee premium. If residing in IL, SD, KS, TN, KS, GA, or FL, the health plan available is an HDHP PPO.
Wages depend on which hours are worked (CST):
·$15.00 per hour for our 1st shift hours – Monday-Friday 7am-3pm
·$15.50 per hour for our 2nd shift hours – Monday-Friday 3-11pm
·$16.00 per hour for our 3rd shift hours – Monday-Friday 11pm-7am
·$16.00 per hour for any weekend hours worked: Saturday and Sunday
Customer Support Agents work on emergency tire breakdowns for commercial fleet customers. They provide support via phone, email, a dispatching app and text. They speak with truck drivers, dispatchers, fleet management personnel, tire technicians and shop managers, and the customers of commercial tire shops all across the U.S.A. and Canada. An exceptional level of customer service is required, as well as the ability to multitask with precision, make decisions quickly, remain professional, and follow multiple technical processes. Agents make phone calls to dispatch road service, verify information, troubleshoot problems, assist customers or tire technicians. Agents multitask and use multiple forms of communications in order to support customers and technicians during tire emergencies.
· live in one of the following states: Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, South Dakota, Tennessee, Georgia, or Florida.
· provide a professional resumé.
· be 18 years or older.
· have a high school diploma or GED (post high school education preferred).
· have one or more years of customer service experience.
· have excellent verbal and written communications skills, and clear phone voice.
· have a proven work history of missing no, or very little, work. Regular and punctual attendance is REQUIRED.
· be able to work on holidays.
· be able to handle multiple forms of communication at the same time.
· be able to multi-task and manage multiple breakdown events at a time.
· be able to work independently and with a team.
· be able to gracefully receive feedback.
· have a dedicated, quiet work space in the home away from background noises: family, pets, other distractions. ***************
· have strong computer skills using Microsoft Office programs, type 30 wpm.
· own a smart phone compatible with the Microsoft Teams app.
· be tech savvy enough to troubleshoot your own computer and phone issues.
· be able to connect a company-provided router to your service providers modem.
Applicants must meet the following technical requirements:
(*computer requirements and internet speed will be verified as part of the interview process)
· have a reliable and stable high-speed Internet connection. Minimum 10Mb download and 5Mb upload speed. (Note: Satellite Internet, hot spots, tethering, and public internet are not supported. Some older DSL connections may not meet specifications.)
· have a corded (non-wireless) USB headset with microphone
· have a web cam for meetings and training
· have dual monitors (two external monitors, or laptop plus one external monitor)
· have a Windows PC (not a Mac or Chromebook) running Windows 10
· have a minimum of 8Gb Memory (RAM) installed
· agree to download, install, and use company software to include anti-virus, soft phone application, Microsoft Teams, Google Chrome, Adobe reader.
· give consent for Ascent IT to access your computer to maintain quality of service, security and to assist in troubleshooting the internet connection.
· agree to leave computer powered-on when not working to allow for Ascent software updates.
· have a processor with a CPU mark of 2000 or more. To find your score…
– find your processor model by right clicking the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen, then select “System”
– go to http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
– type in the name of your processor (i.e. i7-8700, Ryzen 3 2200G, etc.)
– find your score in Column 1 “CPU Mark”
*for additional help finding your CPU Mark score, see the help article located here: https://tinyurl.com/cpumarkhelp
The following are not permitted:
· Running non-work programs while working
· Wireless or non-USB headsets
· Compute stick, USB computer or similar device, Mac, Chromebook
· Using a Proxy server or third-party network, or unsecured Wi-Fi, or Wi-Fi not managed by APS
· Switching or substituting computers without manager approval
· Having any other anti-virus in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided anti-virus
As part of the interview process applicants will be required to:
· Pass our remote office testing from your home computer: Typing speed and accuracy, Microsoft Excel, and Spelling
· Complete a video interview on Microsoft Teams with your home computer
· Verify and report home internet speed at: ascentpro.speedtestcustom.com
· Verify and report your computer specifications by running our PC Checker utility on your computer
· Have all equipment required to work from home
· Pass a criminal background check and drug screen ***********
All job offers contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check, drug screen, and verification of PC & internet specifications.
The purpose of the above job description is to provide potential candidates with a general overview of the role. It is not an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required for the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
(Job also known as customer service representative, CSR, roadside assist, dispatcher)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Work 100% remotely
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations