Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
As a Barclays Customer Service Representative, you will be delivering the highest standards of customer service and creating exceptional experiences. We have opportunities in our Care and Barclays Financial Assistance (BFA) teams. Our customers are at the forefront of everything we do and ensuring customers concerns are addressed is vital to the success of Barclays. Were driving change to be the digital leader in the market, which means our customer services teams are more important than ever.
When you’ll work:
The call center is a 24/7 operation and we offer a variety of weekly shifts, including non-standard business hours and/or weekends.
What you’ll get in return:
We offer a competitive salary starting at $35,000, plus an opportunity for cash incentive in the first 6 weeks in the role and two potential performance and development-based hourly wage increases in your first year, as well as a 401k contribution with no waiting period to become eligible. We have a health care plan, including medical coverage and dental coverage, available immediately after you start, and a generous paid vacation allowance increasing with tenure. You will be attending paid training to prepare you for the role and your development journey will be structured, with associated benefits.
In addition to the benefits listed above, we also provide health and wellbeing perks which include discounted rates at gyms and health clubs, health screening, private health insurance, family planning and fertility benefits, back-up childcare support and employee assistance. We are keen to see our people succeed and so offer ample learning and development opportunities, recognition programs and tuition reimbursement. We can provide financial and academic assistance if you intend to continue your education by undertaking a degree through accredited programs, undergraduate or graduate level coursework related to your role.
Barclays is one of the worlds largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. Weve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- You will be receiving inbound phone calls from customers, servicing their needs effectively and efficiently
- Listening actively and establishing rapport with our customers, understanding and analyzing their needs while adhering to compliance regulations and security policies
- Adhering to all compliance regulations and security policies, completing audit documentation as required
- Demonstrating knowledge about products and services via both written and verbal communications
- Using computer software applications to properly service customers’ accounts
- As a member of the Collections team, you will be placing outbound calls to customers, offering payment programs and solving account problems
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of experience in customer service/call center experience
- Excellent oral communications skills and written skills
- Extremely customer-focused positive with a professional attitude
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Strict attention to detail, understands importance of accuracy and responsiveness
- Good PC and internet skills with very good organization and work prioritization skills
- Banking or credit card experiences a strong plus
- Sales experience is preferred for cross-selling, up-selling and down selling, but not essential
Where will you be working?
We offer a flexible working model, which allows you to combine the benefits of working from home with the flexibility to collaborate and connect with others in an office setting.
Barclays Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.
Please note should you be successful in your application, Barclays will verify the content of the resume you have submitted via a third party screening provider (HireRight).
HireRight will contact former employers, schools or universities stated on the resume to confirm the accuracy of the content, including dates. Inaccuracies or overstatements could result in the withdrawal of any offer, so please ensure your resume is an accurate reflection of your career and education history.