Customer Service Representative – Buyer Experience
*Must Be Located in North Carolina*
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
As Customer Service Teammates we are able to support eBay customers and tackle their problems in the quickest, simplest, and easiest way possible. Our goal is to leave each customer feeling excellent about eBay along the way!
- Supports eBay buyers on matters regarding site navigation, account setup and inquiries, payments, and other general questions.
- Provides engaging and compassionate customer service within a dynamic call center environment
- Effectively utilizes written and verbal communication to serve eBay customers
- Establishes and maintains customer trust
- Implements conflict management skills to de-escalate calls in a way that builds a positive customer experience
- Makes independent and insightful decisions keeping customer and company needs in mind
- Engages in weekly development sessions with Team Leaders and Coaches
- Maintains high performance metrics including quality, adherence, and customer satisfaction
- 3+ years of consistent call center or relevant customer service experience
- Preferably with a SMB2C environment
- A stellar communicator with the ability to speak effectively to customers from diverse backgrounds
- Proficient in computer setup and technical troubleshooting
- Customer-centric, allowing you to maintain high level of customer focus in a variety of different and complicated situations
- Skilled and insightful to the needs of customers
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment.
Work from Home Requirements:
- Must be located in North Carolina.
- Have a secure workspace, preferably in a room or office with a door that closes it off from noises and distractions such as pets, children and other adults.
- Wired Internet connection, capable of continuously supporting excellent call quality and high-speed response rates (wireless, DSL and/or satellite Internet Service Providers are not compatible with our systems)
- Internet service does need to have a consistent internet speed of 10 mbps download and 4 mbps upload
- Have (or be willing to get) a phone land line used exclusively for work. Not used for personal incoming/outgoing calls or alarm systems.
- Starting pay of $16.65/hr with differentials for swing and weekend shifts
- Benefits on Day 1 (Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance)
- 16+ Days of Paid Time Off
- eBay Sabbatical- Every 5 years, receive 4 weeks off at 100% pay
- Teammates receive quarterly performance bonuses and yearly performance raises
- And many more at ebaybenefits.com
What is Next?
Thanks for taking the first step in starting your career with eBay, we look forward to reviewing your application. We have multiple steps in our process. If you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted via email and asked to complete an online skills assessment.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.