Customer Service Representative
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Customer Service Representative reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Customer Service Representative provides scheduling, registration, and customer service functions at Northwestern Medicine. This position ensures that the highest level of customer service is provided to the NM workforce and any external clients.
- Department Operations:
- Answers the telephone in a courteous, professional manner, consistently demonstrating excellent customer service.
- Screens and directs calls that come into the department
- Takes messages and relays information accurately.
- Shows familiarity with customer base and key customer needs.
- Interacts with customers, clients and clinical staff members to resolve problems/questions about services to be delivered.
- Shows familiarity with customer needs in order to schedule correct services for each service request.
- Communication and Teamwork
- Provides courteous and prompt customer service.
- Answers the telephone in a courteous professional manner, directs calls and takes messages as appropriate.
- Checks for messages and returns calls.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
- Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, manager, nursing staff, front office staff, and employees.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department.
- Organizes time and department schedule well.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Service Excellence
- Displays a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
- Partners collaboratively with the functional areas across Northwestern Medicine in support of organizational and team objectives.
- Fosters the development and maintenance of a cohesive, high-energy, collaborative, and quality-focused team.
- Supports a Safety Always culture.
- Maintaining confidentiality of employee and/or patient information.
- Sensitive to time and budget constraints.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Strong computer knowledge, data entry skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- 1 year of customer service, preferably in a medical office setting.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.