Customer Service Rep I
3 Vacancies available. These positions are Hybrid/Work at Home/Remote. Candidates will need to reside in Delaware or Maryland.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) will establish a working relationship with our customers by communicating via mail, in person and mostly by telephone. The CSR will deliver a service that promotes loyalty to our brand by using the skills required by our quality service strategy. CSRs will actively participate in training and will be required to adapt the training concepts and learning to their delivery. The CSR role will be responsible for complying with Public Service Commission, tariffs and company rules and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The CSR will hold our Standards of Performance as a priority in all aspects of work: Safety, WOW, Presentation, Results Oriented
- Ensure goals are met as prescribed by the business unit and corporate dictum.
- Take ownership and responsibility using active listening for each customer interaction to ensure customer satisfaction and first call resolution.
- Handling customer service inquiries from walk-in and call-in customers as well as email requests when applicable with a professional and friendly attitude and within contact center guidelines.
- Ability to navigate through various computer programs, multiple screens, various resources on and/or off the phone with mandatory typing which includes detailed, specific and relevant documentation with each transaction.
- Ability to work a defined schedule in a structured environment wearing a headset, having scheduled breaks and lunches.
- Ability to work at multiple locations which may require some travel and extended hours as well as, support additional hours in an emergency situations/storm preparation/restoration efforts.
- Proper customer transactions to include meter/service order creation, payment processing, handling and processing on recordkeeping and billing system
- Handling customer correspondence and concerns related high bills, turn-on/off, deposits and ad hoc requests.
- Research, identify and solve discrepancies to bring to resolution and prepare adjustments/corrections as needed.
- When required by site the CSR will engage in cashiering, batch processing with the added responsibility of balancing of funds reconcile cash drawer, and cash reports with high degree of accuracy.
- Is knowledgeable of, supports, promotes and participates in the Chesapeake Utilities Cares programs and other community grassroots efforts.
- Participates in the process of collection and disconnections under company rules and regulations as directed.
- Establish a good working relationship with other department contacts and organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by their Supervisor within the realm of the business unit job.
Internal: This position works with all levels within the Company. The incumbent acts under the guidance of the Customer Care Supervisor.
External: This position provides excellent customer service to our customers.
High School Diploma required
A minimum 2 years clerical or customer service experience within a call center environment is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Experience handling cash is required.
- Good math aptitude, collection techniques and some account knowledge.
- Strong computer aptitude and skills preferred.
- Experience with MS Office and other call center technologies.
- Proficient with computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Call center servicing of customers pertaining to product services and bills inquiries.
- Telephone and face to face customer interactions required in a structured environment.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email email@example.com or Ruth Warner, Director, Human Resources Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.