At Cardenas Markets, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect, and collaboration. However, its more than that its smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective and youll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You will be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed, and you will work alongside talented colleagues while making a difference in our communities.
The Customer Service provides customer service and cash handling in a retail store environment. The role is expected to be a role model of the company by delivering excellent customer service while maintaining company core values.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets and interacts with customers addresses questions or concerns in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Provides support to the Frontend team in the absence of the Frontend Manager
- Operates front end equipment register, calculator, scanner
- Dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers. Demonstrates care and compassion for people shows empathy and concern. Able to build and maintain positive team relationships, relates well to diverse people is approachable
- Clearly communicates and enforces standards for quality, cleanliness, organization, customer service, safety, loss prevention, sanitation, store conditions and food safety Engages in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same
- Responsible for presentation of work area, cleaning & organization – uniform & personal appearance of self and Frontend Team Members
- Utilizes POS and credit card system handles cash and maintains balanced cash drawers
- Processes returns, refunds, overcharges, and credits
- Schedules coverage for Cashiers and Courtesy Clerks breaks
- Completes beginning and end-of-shift procedures
- All other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service and retail experience desirable
- Bilingual: Spanish and English preferred.
The physical demands and work conditions below represent those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- WALKING: Continuously, throughout shift, while moving about the store and handling merchandise.
- STANDING: Continuously, throughout shift.
- LIFTING: Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.
Pay Scale $15.50 to $29.00
The pay scale above is the salary or hourly wage range that the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position.
Within this range, individual pay is determined by location and other factors including, but not limited to, specific skills, relevant work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This information is provided to applicants in accordance with California Labor Code § 432.3 and state and local minimum wage standards.Indeed Compensation: $15.50 to $29.00/hours