Covid Contact Tracer
POSTING OF VACANCY
Covid Contact Tracer
2021-2022 School Year (Temp position)
Job Goals: *Contract tracing is an important tool to break the chain of disease transmission, contacts may have asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic COVID-19 and can unwittingly spread the virus in the school community. The goal of this position is to contact all individuals diagnosed or exposed with COVID-19 in schools, gather their contacts and call those contacts. Contact tracing is a critical component of Falmouth Public School’s multi-layered strategy for reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our schools. This is a part-time, temporary, position which includes evenings and weekends (Sunday- Thursday 4pm- 8pm), possible expansion to full time). There is an option for remote work.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor degree preferred.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with all stakeholders.
- Ability to show empathy particularly to distressed individuals.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Spanish/Portuguese speaker, preferred.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Proficiency with computers and Google and Microsoft office software programs.
- Comfortable working in a fully remote environment.
- Must have good/reliable WiFi and Internet Connection to access Falmouth Public Schools platforms.
- Experience in public health emergencies preferred. .
- Such other alternatives as the Director of Student Services and/or Superintendent may deem acceptable and appropriate.
- Perform COVID-19 contract tracing and related services for faculty, staff and students participating in testing for COVID-19.
- Call individuals newly diagnosed with COVID-19 as well as call or email the contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, particularly unvaccinated or vaccinated but symptomatic contacts.
- Document epidemiological information
- Refer individuals for testing according to established protocol.
- Provide instructions for isolation or quarantine.
- Contact Tracers are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided by the Falmouth Public Schools and comply with Massachusetts Department of Public Health training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
- Record all data accurately.
- Contact Tracers are prohibited from providing any clinical or medical advice.
- Such other responsibilities may from time to time be assigned by the Director of Student Services, Public Health Nurse, and/or Superintendent of Schools.
- Contact Tracers must maintain confidentiality of information at all times
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Services
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 21-22 School Year
SALARY: Non-union, commensurate with experience
Apply until filled to: https://falmouth.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx
#ESSER-Tracer-22-3 Lori Duerr, Ed.D. Superintendent
POSTING DATE: 9/14/2021
EOE: The School Committee affirms a policy which guarantees equal employment opportunity in the recruitment, application, selection, compensation, retention, transfer, promotion, benefits, work assignment and career progression process without discrimination for reasons of individuals race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, citizenship, military status, sexual orientation, disability or genetic information.
Job Type: Full-time