Courtesy Clerk/Grocery Bagger
Company Name: City Market
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Minimum Pay Range: $16.00
Maximum Pay Range: $19.75
Essential Job Functions:
- Courtesy Clerk/Grocery Bagger is responsible for bagging groceries at check out for customers
- Associate will strive for at least five items in the bag while ensuring that contents or items are not damaged.
- Courtesy Clerk/Grocery Bagger follows best practices for bagging items in various types of bags (reusable/plastic/paper).
- Associate will assist in removing customers merchandise from bottom of bascart for checkout.
- Courtesy Clerk/Grocery Bagger will offer to help customers with loading bags into their car.
- Perform basic shelf conditioning.
- Inform customers of grocery specials.
- Return merchandise to store shelves.
- Gather bascarts and return them to designated areas.
- Clean spills, collect and pick up trash inside store and parking lot.
- Clean all areas inside and outside of store.
- Handle and assemble seasonal merchandise.
- Understand the stores layout, locate products, and conduct price checks for cashiers.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions, accidents, or issues and notify store management.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Customer Service skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Retail Experience is preferred but not necessary
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day Evening
Jobs at King Soopers: The final rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
Financial Benefits :
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Potentially bonus eligible depending on varying criteria by location
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WY || Rawlins || 602 N Higley Blvd || 82301 || City Market || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None