If youre ready to be part of our legacy of hope and innovation, we encourage you to take the first step and explore our current job openings. Your best is waiting to be discovered.
Day – 08 Hour (United States of America) This is a Stanford Health Care job.
A Brief Overview
Performs a variety of courier functions driving a motor vehicle to ensure the proper and timely pick-up and delivery of mail, packages, medical records, documents, linen, equipment, supplies, and other materials between the hospital and off-site locations.
Stanford Health Care
What you will do
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance, determines the most economical and efficient shipping method, selects the appropriate shipping container, and packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Maintains accurate vehicle and activity log to include records of delivery activity, vehicle mileage and fuel consumption, and other data as required.
- Performs daily safety check, including fluid levels, notifies supervisor or lead of conditions requiring attention. Operates departmental vehicles between the hospital and designated off-site locations.
- Maintains equipment and activity logs to include records of delivery activity, vehicle mileage, and other dispatch information. Maintains storeroom and other assigned areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Performs pre-delivery sorting, inspection, and determines necessary routing for delivery of mail and packages. Records discrepancies or damages and notifies lead or supervisor.
- Unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment may process return shipments from customers
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Follows SHC and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, as well as safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Performs other related and incidental duties as needed or assigned.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- One (1) or more years of related experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of local area streets and delivery routes.
- Skill in driving a motor vehicle in urban areas in various types of weather and traffic conditions.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to provide customer service to a diverse population of individuals of different ages, backgrounds, and cultures.
- Ability to establish and maintain and cooperative working relations.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information, including medical records and specimens.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to plan driving routes to meet delivery schedules, interpret maps, and use GPS navigation systems.
- Ability to understand and follow safety and infection control procedures.
- Ability to receive, stock, pick-up, and deliver goods.
Licenses and Certifications
- CADL – California Drivers License – Valid And In State
These principles apply to ALL employees:
SHC Commitment to Providing an Exceptional Patient & Family Experience
Stanford Health Care sets a high standard for delivering value and an exceptional experience for our patients and families. Candidates for employment and existing employees must adopt and execute C-I-CARE standards for all of patients, families and towards each other. C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford’s patient-experience and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions. Simply put, we do what it takes to enable and empower patients and families to focus on health, healing and recovery.
You will do this by executing against our three experience pillars, from the patient and family’s perspective:
- Know Me: Anticipate my needs and status to deliver effective care
- Show Me the Way: Guide and prompt my actions to arrive at better outcomes and better health
- Coordinate for Me: Own the complexity of my care through coordination
Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.Base Pay Scale: Generally starting at $26.91 – $30.30 per hour
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. This pay scale is not a promise of a particular wage.