Correctional Officer Job in North Central Correctional
Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? At the North Central Correctional Complex in Marion, Ohio we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages($18.50/hr.), affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, referral bonuses, discounted meals, 10 paid holidays, 401(k) with company match and more! Hiring immediately!
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER POSITION:
Responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) directives.
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise inmates in housing, work and other areas.
- Provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates
- Perform security of various assigned areas.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel. 6. Prepare and maintain records, forms and reports.
- Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: commissary, property, transportation, recreation, mail room, laundry, visitation, booking, mobile patrol, main control, housing, administration, segregation and intake.
- If assigned to the food services area, assist in instructing inmates assigned to food services in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing and well-proportioned meals.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices. It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Valid drivers license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Location: 670 Marion-Williamsport Rd W, Marion, OH 43302, USA
- One location
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- One location
Work Location: One location
Last Date For Apply: 24/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Apply Here