About the Role:
We are looking for a talented individual to work on the team that keeps content flowing at RealSelf. As a Content Moderator, you will be responsible for ensuring that user-generated content (including reviews of medical procedures and doctors, questions, and discussion forums) is moderated and published in real time, allowing RealSelf community members to make smarter, informed decisions about their healthcare choices.
In this role you will:
- Moderate user-submitted content for adherence to RealSelf guidelines
- Contact customers and help them clarify or revise incomplete or inappropriate content
- Maintain empathy for the customer experience, providing guidance to ensure they have an easy, personal and trusted experience on RealSelf
- Meet and exceed personal and team metrics for processing times, quality, volume, and more
- Categorize and tag content so users can easily find what they need
- Safeguard the community from spam/scams and content that violates RealSelf guidelines
- Find and advocate for efficiencies and product improvements that make RealSelf easy, personal and trusted for consumers
- Troubleshoot and report bugs
- Support customers through chat and email support channels
- Summarize and escalate complex issues to the management team
- Stay up-to-date with modern beauty, treatments, conditions and healthcare trends
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This role requires an individual with a unique passion for working quickly and efficiently through a volume of work. You are intrinsically motivated by quality and quantity in your work, without sacrificing empathy for every customer you contact. If the best part of your day is putting your headphones on and tackling a to-do list, this is the role for you.
Customers on our site are taking a highly personal journey to improve how they look and feel. Youre the person at RealSelf who will help them share their experiences and find their voice in the community.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a detail-oriented environment focused on efficiency, like data entry, inventory or other data processing environments. A demonstrated ability working with customers and/or data in sensitive areas like healthcare or finance is a plus. The successful candidate will also be able to work collaboratively within the operations team and across the company.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- The ability to focus on a repetitive task for several hours without sacrificing quality or speed
- Fantastic time management skills and a drive to “get things done”
- Fast and efficient reading and comprehension skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent typing ability and data entry skills
- The ability to retain information and pivot quickly when processes change
- Diplomacy skills that you use to convey difficult information to others
- Discretion around sensitive content on the site (e.g. nudity, medical conditions)
- Strong prioritization skills
This fully remote role is open to candidates in most states. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted.
We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. With COVID-19 we have become a more remote and distributed workforce that understands the value of internal connections and collaboration across all teams.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make the experience of choosing a procedure and connecting with the right doctor easy, personal, and trusted. Since 2006 our authentic reviews, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped tens of millions of people explore their options, from skincare to laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors, were growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our RealSelf Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time