Contact Tracing Job in Harvard University
As an integral member of Harvard University’s Covid-19 response, the Contact Tracer is responsible for outreach to individuals who have tested positive for Covid-19 as well as those who are identified as close contacts of a positive individual to provide health education and guidance to interrupt disease transmission. Under the direction of the Contact Tracing RN and guided by standard protocols for assessing symptoms, exposure, and other relevant health information, the contact tracer provides instruction for isolation, self-quarantine, testing based on established protocols and in consultation with a contact tracing RN. The contact tracer also refers for any needed clinical services after consultation with a RN. The contact tracer is responsible for excellence in clinical documentation and management of multiple software platforms to enter data. The contact tracer is required to follow all designated scripts, work closely and under the supervision of contact tracing RNs, and comply with policies and procedures provided by the state/local Departments of Public Health and Harvard University.
- Initiate prompt communication with people testing positive for Covid-19 or close contacts of a positive case through phone calls or email.
- Employ excellence in communication and interpersonal skills, cultural competency, tactful language, and empathetic interviewing skills to build rapport.
- Working under standard protocols, determine physical symptoms of individual. Consult with contact tracing RN for anything that outside of established protocols. Refer for clinical services as needed.
- Assure confidentiality in all interactions.
- Following prescribed scripts and algorithms, communicate recommendations and requirements for individuals testing positive and for close contacts.
- Provide health education on covid-19, transmission, exposure, and other relevant information based on individual’s needs.
- Assure individual’s understanding of requirements and recommendations.
- Identify any barriers to necessary interventions and facilitate appropriate consultation with contact tracing RN. Provide referrals to resources as needed.
- Collaborate with other University partners to arrange for services as needed.
- Document pertinent information in state of Massachusetts data base and Harvard databases.
- Perform regular check ins with cases and contacts through phone and email.
- Collaborate with other state/local public health professionals, HUHS leaders, and other University partners to identify and communicate trends in infections and/or exposures.
- Elevate complex cases as needed to charge nurse on shift.
- Participate in trainings, meetings, peer review, and quality monitoring activities in order to ensure and enhance ongoing quality of care.
Bachelor’s Degree of equivalent work experience. Demonstrated experience with electronic records and comfort with computers.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other health related field. Previous experience with contact tracing. Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
Appointment End Date
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Last Date For Apply: 20/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here