Contact Center Representative – Member Counseling (Remote)
Title: Contact Center Representative – Member Counseling (Remote)
State Role Title: Admin & Office Specialist II
Hiring Range: $53,808
Pay Band: UG
Agency: Virginia Retirement System
Location: Virginia Retirement System
Agency Website: www.varetire.org/careers
Recruitment Type: General Public – G
The Virginia Retirement System (VRS) is seeking an experienced contact center customer service professional to serve as a Member Counseling Representative answering phone calls and responding to a variety of questions, inquiries, and requests related to advanced-level pension and benefit information. This position serves as a front-line representative and provides exceptional customer service to active VRS members.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Responds accurately to a variety of questions, inquiries, and requests related to plans, benefits, and retirement processes via phone.
- Liaises as necessary with other departments to provide all relevant information and detail to members and retirees.
- Conducts research and make follow-up phone calls as necessary.
- Provides assistance with online access to MyVRS, troubleshooting technical issues that arise.
- Executes and communicates all relevant Contact Center policies and procedures, including providing procedural information to other staff members.
- Prepares customer communications and correspondence as required, using a variety of communication mediums.
- Performs various other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Participate in cross-hierarchal teams and contribute to improving services across agency lines.
High School Diploma
Two (2) years of contact center or high volume customer service experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Superior customer service skills, and strong active listening ability. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to consistently engage with diverse customer populations, and build rapport through professionalism, empathy, and confidence. Ability to manage and de-escalate customer complaints. Proficiency in math. Abilities to follow established procedures complete assignments within established deadlines. Experience working remotely as a customer service professional. Prior pension, benefit plan, HR or counseling experience. Ability to interpret and apply knowledge of VRS Plan benefit products and services related to caller inquiries. Ability to counsel on retirement plan information and financial planning terminology.
- Excellent reading, writing and math proficiency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office productivity software.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to analyze and perform complex calculations.
- The ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- The ability to work independently from a home office with limited interruption.
You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
Name: Human Resources
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.