Contact Center Agent
Job Opening Summary
The contact center agent position works within a structured environment that requires sharp attention to detail, the ability to focus and maintain a calm demeanor under pressure. This position delivers excellent customer service while providing information to patients, hospital, faculty, staff and other health care providers in a 24/7 high-volume operator call center environment. The position will perform a variety of tasks, including intake triage and activating hospital emergency codes and alerts (Code Blue/SWAT/Stemi Alerts) and priority notifications, based on knowledge of administrative protocols and UF Health policies and procedures.
Job Opening Qualifications
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of work experience with computers in a customer service clerical office is required. May substitute the one year of work experience requirement with an AS degree.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- 911, hospital operator or call center representative experience preferred, ideally in a health care-related industry.
- Multi-line phone system experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate a high level of accuracy and speed using a computer system.
- Must have the ability to function calmly and perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual situations.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly and without impairment.
- Must be able to handle stress properly.
- Must be able to effectively use multiple computer applications.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, recognize and react to changing priorities, make timely and accurate judgement decisions, effectively communicate with other health care professionals and work independently of direct supervision.
- A working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Shift hours: Various