REMOTE WORK OPPORTUNITY
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities.
CHI Health provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
With you in mind, we offer the following benefits to support your work/life balance:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Direct Primary Plan (No copay, no deductible, and access to CHI Health provider 24/7)
- Premium Access to our Family Care Program supporting your needs for childcare, pet care, and/or adult dependent care
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible spending accounts
From primary to specialty care as well as walk-in and virtual services CHI Health Clinic delivers more options and better access so you can spend time on what matters: being healthy. We offer more than 20 specialties and 100 convenient locations with some clinics offering extended hours.
- Accurately abstract information from the medial records into the appropriate coding systems, ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Determine the most appropriate diagnosis after a thorough review of the medical records. Work closely with practice staff with regards to coding and assignment of a MS-DRGs (Diagnosis Related Group) and APCs (Ambulatory Payment Classification).
- Code medical records using ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding rules and guidelines. Ensure through and compliant coding to support patient records and submission of billing for payment.
- Accurately sequence diagnostic and procedural codes according to organization specified procedures and assigns MSDRG/APC as appropriate. Provide codes various departments upon request.
- Enter and validate charges using appropriate tools and validates diagnoses with the medical documentation provided.
- Compare charges on accounts with the procedures coded and identifies any discrepancies. Notifies Coding Manager of any discrepancies’ and collaborates as needed to rectify the account.
- Participate in special projects and/or completes other duties as assigned.
CPC or other coding certification Preferred
$17.89 – $24.60 /hour