Clerk Job in Internal Revenue Service
Clerks perform a variety of administrative tasks, including:
- Reviewing tax returns and other documents for specific requirements necessary for processing.
- Identifying and reviewing Forms W-2 attached to Forms 1040EZ and 1040PC for conditions meeting Criminal Investigation criteria and coding the returns appropriately.
- Reviewing filed material in light of ongoing programs or special projects and determines if such material should be consolidated, have new classifications, be retired, etc.
- Preparing and maintaining regular production/inventory reports/attendance records using established formats and sources of data applicable to the program, functional, or organizational reporting requirements.
- Assigning, maintaining, monitoring, or updating work status and inventory records
- Maintaining, updating and initiating personnel records, timekeeping, and performing other support activities
Prior tax knowledge is not required for this position. Please see the job announcement for complete qualifiecations and duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32,283.00 – $48,004.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Work Location: One location