Casual Hire – Football Player Personnel
Title: Casual Hire – Football Player Personnel
Hiring Unit: UHM Athletics
Date Posted: July 3, 2023
Closing Date: July 7, 2023
Full Time / Part Time: Temporary, Full-time
Other Conditions: Position is a temporary casual hire position and offers no benefits, 89 day hire, not to exceed 40 hours/week. Hours may vary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Will assist Head Coach and Chief of Staff with all day to day tasks involving current student athletes
- Establish a developmental program for life after football
- Manage Athlete’s Network
- Coordinate all onboarding of new incoming student athletes
- Oversee donor relations
- Mentor current student-athletes on reinforcing core values/standards of program
- Create and implement individual development plans to ensure student-athletes’ needs are addressed and met as they relate to academics and/or personal goals
- Demonstrate a positive and professional working attitude and maintain a collaborative working relationship with the coaching staff, team members, support staff, administrators in the UH Athletics Department and other individuals associated with the UH Football program.
- Maintains confidentiality to include but not limited to information, files and records that the incumbent may obtain or possess, in accordance with federal and state laws and University of Hawaii policies.
- Know, recognize, and comply with the laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing the University of Hawaii and its employees, and the rules of the NCAA and affiliated conferences as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Immediately advises the Director of Athletics or designee if there is reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees or students, have occurred or will occur.
- Other duties as directed by the Head Football Coach.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in athletic administration, educational administration, education, business or related field.
- One (1) year of NCAA Division I administrative experience
- or any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Ability to work with all segments of the University of Hawaii community and the general public.
- Knowledge of the organizational design, program and administrative practices common to intercollegiate athletics
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coaches, student-athletes, and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the area of intercollegiate athletics operations and in compliance with all applicable governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, legislation, policies, interpretations and regulations of the NCAA, the University and any affiliated athletic conference or organization of which the University is or becomes a member.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task while complying with deadlines and short turn-around assignments
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to independently complete task assignments. Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer in the use of common office software, e.g. word processing, database, and spreadsheet, and email and internal communications systems.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and sound analyses to a variety of administrative support, program management or related issues.
- Ability to handle confidential information with a high level of tact, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively and independently under pressure, with frequent interruptions, and remain flexible in handling several concurrent projects with competing deadlines. Ability to work a flexible schedule. Work hours include day, night, weekend and /or holiday hours due to programmatic needs.
- Ability to travel with the team as required.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details.
- Knowledge of football as competed at the collegiate level.
Inquiries: Matt Chon, Football Chief of Staff, email@example.com
The University of Hawaii is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.