At Wegmans, our commitment to customers is simple: Every Day You Get our Best. As a Cashier, youll provide incredible customer service by engaging customers in friendly conversation, carefully bagging items, and accurately completing monetary transactions. You will efficiently get customers through the check out process while ensuring they end their shopping trips with a positive experience. Our cashiers leave a lasting impression and transform first-time shoppers into loyal Wegmans customers!
What will I do?
- Engage customers in friendly conversation while making eye contact and smiling
- Accurately and efficiently scan customers grocery items and complete monetary transactions
- Properly bag items to ensure products arrive at their destination in the condition they left the store
- Proactively offer additional assistance or services and thank the customer for shopping at Wegmans
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24×7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.