Cargo Agent Job in DHL
What makes DHL great?Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
Distinguished as No. 1 World’s Best Workplace™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune Magazine
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
DHL has an immediate opening for a Cargo Agent at our MIA Aviation station in Miami, Florida. This position complies with cargo export and import procedures established to provide an effective and efficient service at the highest level. In addition, the jobholder must exercise judgment and initiative to efficiently handle day to day ACS situations.
- Assists other stations in any special Cargo related issue.
- Maintains well organized and updated GFS operational files
- Prepares paperwork and reports required for import and export flights and manifests
- Provides feedback to direct superior about any irregularity observed in the Import or Export warehouse, in order to take corrective actions.
- Inputs the TGV system for all required procedures and maintains it updated.
- Manifests outbound flights using OCNT system complying with all required procedures.
- Ensures accuracy of outbound manifest against shipments on board.
- Updates OH and SM’s check points, for ACS shipments, within timeline
- Verifies arrival of cargo and documents against reservation log and assist supervisors with loading priorities.
- Manifests and clears outbound flights, and obtain CBP clearance for outbound flights.
- Clear inbound flight’s documents and crew under the CBP regulations.
- Coordinate outbound paperwork with DHL Express Control Center, obtaining core material manifest and airway bills for the flights with the corresponding custom’s back-ups.
- Reviews and ensures that all outbound shipments are covered by all Government Entities documentation required for export.
- Prepares flight sets for outbound flights complying with Federal and local authorities requirements.
- Reconciles pallet tags against manifests before closing the flights, to ensure accuracy of loaded shipments.
- Complies with ACS GSOP standards performing 100% CIA imaging of all export documents.
- Complies with each foreign stations¨ requirements in regard of documents required by local customs.
- Submits in a timely manner, outbound flight sets to CBP audits.¨
- Reviews accuracy inbound flight sets provided by the Third Party Service Provider
- Clears in transit perishables at USDA.
- Supports Company guidelines to accomplish required ACS Score Card result
- And other assigned duties as required.
The job holder must ensure Cargo operation solutions based on Company standards..
The jobholder should be able to take clear and prompt decisions within his main operational responsibilities. Other decisions are subject to prior consultation with higher levels.
Planning and organizing
It is an open task to plan and organize a self-cargo operation.
Comply and surpass ACS high quality standards established by the company.
Skills & Qualifications
- Functional knowledge in handling air cargo and warehouse operations.
- Knowledge of DHL‘s business and core processes to make relevant assessments and recommendations.
- Decision making skills to take clear and prompt decisions within main operational responsibilities.
- Organizational skills plan and optimize the different operational procedures related to Flight Operations, ACS, the Warehouse, and the staff in charge, to achieve compliance with the standards and internal requirements needed to meet the schedules of the aircraft.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English. Bilingual in English and Spanish plus.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve Flight Operations and ACS operational problems, to guarantee a timely and effective operation, in compliance with the GSOP of the company.
- Surpass the high standards of quality, efficiency, and safety and security with respect to the management of flight coordination and the warehouse operation, as well as delivery times and reception off loads.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including day or night shift, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a supervisory position. Preferably in air operations, controlling operational processes, handling Air Cargo, and Warehouse.
- High School or GED equivalent. Preferably technical studies/university
Required Language: English – Fluency reading, speaking, and comprehension. Mandatory compliance tests will be given in English. All tests must be passed in order to be eligible for this position.
DHL Express USA will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster
Last Date For Apply: 20/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : , Employment Type : Apply Here