Campus Safety Monitor
Expired Job Description :Last Date For Apply: 2022-06-26 03:06:34 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : PermanentExpired
TITLE: Campus Safety Monitor
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To provide security and protection for pupils, staff and school property and assist in
delivering a safe, orderly learning environment for pupils.
REPORTS TO: Principal
- High School diploma or equivalent and valid South Carolina driver’s license
- Required criminal history background check and proof of US citizenship or legal alien status
- Evidence of good moral character
- Experience in law enforcement or as a security officer
- Ability to provide a positive role model for pupils
- Evidence of good physical health
- Knowledge of security measures and crowd control
- Such other qualifications of academic, professional and personal excellence as the Board of Education may specify
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Patrol and monitor parking lots and school buildings during assigned work hours to progect against illegal entry, acts of violence, vandalism, illegal drug activity, arson and theft.
- Conduct regular inspections of windows, doors, and other points of entry to ensure that they are secure.
- Patrol schools grounds to observe unauthorized persons or vehicles, parking violations, and overall security of the outside area including exterior lightening and emergency access routes.
- Check identification of pupils, staff, and visitors entering the school.
- Participate in the districts/schools emergency and crisis management plan.
- Assist in supervision of students, parents and adults at evening school sponsored events when assigned.
- Establish and maintain contact with students in order to work with them in a cooperative manner.
- Develop and maintain daily communication with the administration, guidance department and teachers.
- Refer to duty teacher or assistant principal those students who fail to comply with school rules
- Escort students to office as directed
- Continuously monitor school security cameras during assigned work hours
- Intervene in student confrontations.
- Participate in required training
- Participate in faculty meetings as needed
- Records all observations and conditions and reports unusual occurrences or property damage immediately to superiors and documents rule violations
- Submits written reports of all incidents of vandalism, violence, illegal drug activity, and security violations.
- Manage traffic concerns
- Supervise student lunch periods on a daily basis
- Be present in assigned areas of the building(s) and/or campus to assist in maintaining order
- Patrol all District property during the summer months when school is not in session
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent or designee.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
190 day Support Staff Work Agreement TR20 Pay Scale
Evaluation and performance to be evaluated by the Principal