Call Center Representative Job in NATIONAL GRID CO USA (NE POWER)
In accordance with guidelines regarding companies classified as Federal contractors and consistent with our core commitment of safety, National Grid has made the decision to require all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a religious belief or a disability can request a reasonable accommodation.
The world of energy is changing faster than ever. At National Grid, the work you do will touch lives and shape the way we use and consume energy for generations to come. Whether you’re fresh out of school or an experienced professional, a career with us means a place at the leading edge. It means thrilling potential and the support for training and development to reach your goals. Because, as National Grid -looks to the future, our people will move forward, too.
- Employee Resource Groups: ERGs at National Grid contribute to our shared future. They engage our employees and organization in creating and maintaining an inclusive workforce. Each group has a vision and mission to support recruitment, retention, talent development and market outreach. Our ERGs provide employees with career building, volunteering, networking, and peer mentoring opportunities, along with the chance to engage with senior leaders across the company.
- Volunteering: From Earth Day volunteering to United Way donations to regular blood drives and departments’ ongoing community service days, caring National Grid employees are out there in the communities we serve. We’re donating funds to meet community needs ranging from helping the environment to educating tomorrow’s workforce … and taking advantage of the company’s charitable matching contribution program. Together, we make a real difference.
- Benefits: The benefits we offer are a strong part of what employees’ value most about working at National Grid. Indicative of our Live Brighter culture are the range of benefits that support work/life balance, health and financial wellbeing, and cross-generational needs. Our benefits are competitive and innovative, providing choice, flexibility, and balance to employees in all stages of work and life.
You can learn more about our health, dental, and voluntary benefit plan offerings through the digital benefits guide at NGBenefitsLiveBrighter.com
Please take a moment to view our Customer Contact Center Job Preview on you tube and why becoming a part of National Grids Customer Delivery team can open a world of endless career growth possibilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96zhxAQiTI4
National Grid’s Customer Contact Center Representative position is an entry level, union-represented role that offers qualified candidates an opportunity to join a challenging, fast pace environment. Position is responsible for completing the detailed transactions and extensive research, analysis and problem-solving necessary to facilitate a timely and satisfactory response to customer issues and concerns. Due to the essential nature of the services we provide our customers, National Grid’s Contact Center’s hours of operation are 24/7 and accepted applicants will be assigned to work a as needed by the business to support our customer centric objectives.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Pay Rate: $16.00
Under general supervision, representatives handle fundamental customer contacts, including, but not limited to, the following:
Must reside within 2 hours of work location.
- Hybrid environment to include working remotely and/ or on location, as needed.
- Handle Emergency Calls
- Update customer account information
- Apply customer payments
- Assist Customers with beginning and ending service
- Scheduling field orders in alignment with customer expectations
- Assist customers with billing issues both simple and complex
- Handle collections related concerns and assist customers with the various options available to maintain and/or reinstate their service
- Must be willing to work assigned shifts, which may include weekends, holidays and/or overtime.
- Must be available for full-time training; all training is paid time. Consistent and punctual attendance is a must.
- Must remain up to date with all verbal and written communications including using email and supervisor to agent communication tools.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to email, mail, web chat, and clerical work.
- Upon completion of training, identify customer account issues surrounding meter, billing, collection, and service inquiries that need resolution, as well as, ensuring proper company resources are utilized to resolve issues with customer satisfaction.
- Provide information on the products and programs offered by the company and generate referrals to the appropriate department, if necessary.
- Investigate and analyze customer issues and develop appropriate solutions to satisfy customer needs.
- Respond to all customer contacts included but not limited to gas and electric investigations, complex meter situations, web inquiries, email and correspondence.
- Act as First Responders – report for work during emergencies. i.e. Natural disasters.
- Customer Service Experience preferred
- Must have a minimum a High School Diploma or GED; some college preferred
- Applicant must successfully pass Company supported assessment (Korn Ferry), classroom training, and meet all performance expectations, as determined by the Company.
- Ability to multitask between multiple system applications
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written skills.
- Multi/bilingual candidates preferred but not limited to.
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation (“DOT”) covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.