CALL CENTER AGENT
Primary duty of this position is to answers all telephone calls from the public for summary information relative to the programs, services and filing procedures of the Division/Department of State. Processes all business corporation, non-profit and limited liability company annual reports.
Administrative: Performs office work directly related to the general business operations of the Business Services Division. The Call Center Agent performs various duties including, but not limited to:
Answer telephone inquiries and supply the public with the general information requested (tier 1 call center questions
- Have knowledge of the programs, services and filing procedures of the Division/Department of State
- Have knowledge of the Rhode Island General Laws, 1956, as amended. Can locate and cite a filing’s corresponding statute
- Answer general filing questions pertaining to all forms filed with this office
- Submit requests for Business Filing Section certification orders
- Request closed files to be retrieved from the Record Center
- Use various software applications such as the office databases, point of sale system (POS), license fee calculator and forms library
- Possess knowledge, as well as, strong navigational skills of the office’s web site and online filing tools and
- Perform other duties as required.
- Check information on annuals making sure form is completed correctly.
- Process checks (list charter type, ID#, and processors initials.)
- Prepare annuals that cannot be filed for return. Complete check-off sheet indicating reason for return.
- Prepare accepted/rejected annual reports for scanning.
- Process checks for deposit. Enter transactions into POS system. Remits funds daily to the Finance & Personnel Office.
- Assist with the data entry of the annual reports into the Corporate Database.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and experience gained through employment in a similar field or other responsible position in a public agency or in private industry or any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the previously described education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Strong written and oral communications skills. The individual must be an inclusive collaborator and communicator able to prioritize workload effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, time-restricted environment. Ability to work under pressure with good humor.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to speak, write and understand additional languages a plus Spanish preferred