Business Manager – Regional Line Stations Job in United Airlines
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we fly into airports around the entire world. And we need a whole team of people to keep things running in tip-top shape! From the exceptional service at the check-in counter to the departure gate, and even behind the scenes making sure your checked bags arrive with you, our Airport Operations team keeps operations at our airports running smoothly every single day.
Supports the Global Line Station business office with the primary area of focus being the Regional Line Stations (outsourced domestic locations). The Business Manager will be responsible for supporting the field leaders with station performance (safety, CSAT/NPS, operations, finance) resource planning and project management as well as serving as their advocate within the Corporate Support Center (CSC) for strategic initiatives.
- Act as an advocate for airport leaders across various departments (CSC and field) for tactical issues and long-term strategic initiatives
- Monitor financial performance and ensure alignment and coordination with the Finance and Resource Planning teams
- Identify stations and/or metrics requiring additional focus
- Collaborate with leaders to develop and implement solutions
- Analyze trends and insights and proactively seek improvement opportunities
- Lead data analysis for assigned region
- NOTE: Relocation is not provided for external candidate
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Airport Operations knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical acumen
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative
- Demonstrated leadership consistent with the United leadership model
- Experience driving initiatives and/or projects with measurable results
- Willingness to travel up to 10% domestic
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Regular attendance at work location is required
- Willingness to work during non-standard hours and peak periods when needed to support a global 24/7/365 operation
- Ability to adjust working hours to align with the needs of assigned region when needed and willingness to work during non-standard hours and peak periods when needed to support a global 24/7/365 operation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelors degree preferred; relevant work experience will receive equal consideration
- Airport Operations experience in a line station or Regional Line Station
- Knowledge of key Airport Operations performance, finance, safety, AO Balanced Scorecard, and resource planning activities and metrics or previous experience supporting an operating group
- Process improvement experience
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact [email protected] to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT