BMV Customer Service Representative Job in State of Indiana
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of a role.
Next Level benefits at the State of Indiana are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package offerings below.
About the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV):
The BMV’s mission is to serve all Hoosiers by providing best-in-class driver and vehicle services in a timely and accurate manner while ensuring security and transparency. The BMV team works throughout the state of Indiana and are dedicated to fostering an environment where we:
- Invest in our employees
- Engage our customers
- Provide sustainable systems
- Embrace product innovation
The starting wage for this position is $15.17/hour.
This position is located at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles’ Terre Haute branch, which is in Region 5.
About the Job:
As the Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for functioning as the front-line contact for the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. In this position, you will provide timely and accurate customer service. You will need to utilize good communication skills, computer skills, and on-the-job training, as you will help assist millions of Hoosiers with their broad scope of BMV needs.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Use your job knowledge to conduct customer transactions
- Answer customer’s questions and provide guidance
- Assist with the daily opening and closing of the branch
- Check transactions to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and proper accounting
- Work with leadership to resolve escalated customer concerns and system problems
- File applications as completed throughout the day
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What Youll Need for Success:
You must meet the following requirement to be considered for employment:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience
- Top-notch communication skills
- A high level of critical thinking and the ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to process cash and card transactions
Ability to travel up to 20 percent of the time to branch locations, training, or branch-related community activities
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well as vision and dental plans
- Wellness Rewards Program: Complete wellness activities to earn gift card rewards
- Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state contribution
- Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed outside state facilities
- Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
- 150 hours of paid new parent leave
- Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave
- Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave time off
- 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Group life insurance
- Referral Bonus program
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Free Parking for most positions
- Free LinkedIn Learning access
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.