Birth Registrar – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time Days
Shift: 16 Hours a week
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, youre more than just a number on a chart. Youre a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Completes the processing of all the Birth Certificates, and Stillbirth Certificates. Sends completed Birth Certificate information to the State Registrar via computer. Mails completed certificates to State Registrar as soon as possible (within 5 days).
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Reviews patient medical records and other resources, as needed, to obtain required birth information.
- Obtains birth information from parent(s) using appropriate worksheets and reports.
- Reviews Birth Certificate worksheet for completeness and accuracy.
- Enters birth certificate information into VRV Web software program and proofs for accuracy.
- Types footprint souvenir and proofs for accuracy.
- Takes Birth Certificate and any other necessary paperwork to parent(s) for signature and verification of completeness and accuracy.
- Submits Birth Certificate information to Vital Statistics by computer and mail in a timely and accurate manner as required by state law and department guidelines.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- No Previous Experience
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.