Were ALDI, one of Americas favorite grocers. Weve grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether its in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Behind every great deal at ALDI are people working to bring it all together. Our team of administrative professionals tackle the ins and outs of running a well-oiled business as they collaborate and support the operations of our National Services & divisional offices. And that helps our network of stores and warehouses run smoothly. Ready to join a team dedicated to making the ALDI Difference?
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $24.00 of hour
Work Location: South Windsor, CT
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 2 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 2 days per week work in-office at least 3 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assists employees with benefit enrollment, dependent eligibility and life-event verification appeals.
- Assists employees with benefits claims, providing required notices to employees upon employment termination.
- Processes any leaves of absence, including but not limited to workers’ compensation claims, short-term and long-term disability claims, and administers FMLA.
- Administers reasonable accommodations processes.
- Works collaboratively with National Services contacts and third party administrators in administering the workers compensation program and processing customer accidents.
- Maintains employee data files, and ensures items are archived and disposed of per company guidelines.
- Maintains an efficient and well-organized filing system for the department.
- Works proactively to identify, investigate, and report irregularities within designated area of responsibility.
- Cooperates and interacts effectively through ongoing communication and exchange of information.
- Works effectively with leaders and National Services contacts to generate teamwork and efficiency.
- Conducts training and cross training of knowledge and expertise within area of responsibility.
- Communicates with internal and external contacts, attorneys, third party administrators, and government agencies as necessary.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
- Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
- Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
- Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
- Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively “get the job done”.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
- Effective time management maximizes productivity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in typing and data entry.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience required.
- Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
- Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
- Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDIs receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.