Baker Froster Job in Sprinkles Cupcakes
If you are an artist at heart with an eye for detail, you could be perfect for the role of Cupcake Froster at Sprinkles. You will hand frost all cupcakes and add the appropriate designs to each one. You will be taught how to frost the bakery items and learn to perfect the art of the Sprinkles design with your own twist. You will also ensure proper rotation of cupcakes and frosting in addition to learning how we bake these special desserts.
- Act as a company advocate and embody the Sprinkles Culture.
- Retain and demonstrate proper policies and procedures delivered by trainers and managers with enthusiasm.
- Follow all frosting techniques as trained to specifications and standards.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills as you rely on and assist fellow associates in providing the Sprinkles Experience.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation guidelines to maintain a clean and safe work environment behind the counter and in the dining area where applicable.
- Assist with all cleaning duties as stated on opening, closing, daily, and/or weekly checklists.
- Report to work as scheduled and fulfill requirements for duration of shift.
- Box, package, or plate cupcakes and other bakery goods as needed.
- Act with a high level of detail when following instructions down to the dot on top of a Sprinkles cupcake.
- A passion and love of the Sprinkles product, brand, and experience.
- Culinary/pastry certification preferred or at least 1 year of previous food service experience (i.e., cook, server, host, baker, busser).
- Ability to work a changing schedule that can begin between 12am, 2am, or 3am.
- Ability to communicate verbally and understand/follow written and verbal instructions from management.
- Must be able to move around the front of the bakery as you bend down for bags and reach up for cupcake trays.
- Ability to be on your feet for hours at a time.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to 60% of the time.
- Can lift at least 50 pounds, which can include carrying cupcake trays, frosting, and bags of boxed purchases.
- Can work well under pressure and maintain a consistent pace through the shift.
*Perks of Working with Sprinkles: *
- Benefit options including Heath, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
- Daily Pay option available to associates
- Paid Time Off
- Sprinkles Associate Card to sprinkle the joy to your family, friends, and community
- Opportunity to do good – Sprinkles partners with several charities and community organizations
- Family Friendly Hours
- Chance to be a part of special memories that happen daily in our bakery
- Development and growth opportunities
Sprinkles is an equal opportunity employer
Location: 735 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location