Background Investigation Security Analyst Job in Constellation
Location: KENNETT SQUARE, PA, United States
Organization: Constellation Energy Generation, LLC
Job ID: 240986
Date Posted: Jun 17, 2022
DescriptionAt Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, were providing the energy and services to transform our future. Combining next generation technologies and product offerings with the countrys lowest carbon generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now were speeding delivery of low-carbon or no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals. Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22 percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career.
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future. Energize your career with Constellation.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
JOB EXPECTATION: Engage in job duties outlined below, to reduce risk exposure in areas of cyber and physical security; and to promote our mission of safeguarding the people, property, reputation and shareholder value of the corporation. PURPOSE ? Perform analytical duties in support of security investigations, re-investigations and functions in order to determine trustworthiness of individuals who will work or provide services for the company ? Mitigate security and compliance risks associated with insider threats (e.g. fraud, theft, domestic terrorism, workplace violence, and reputational damage) by performing personnel risk assessments and adjudicating background investigations ? Follow regulatory procedures and controls (e.g., NERC, FERC) to ensure that necessary background investigations are conducted for employees, applicants for employment, and contractors ? Serve as an advisor on background investigation security concepts and policies and provide interpretation and guidance to stakeholders and leadership ? Review and evaluate reports of investigations and other data to determine if persons employed, or to be employed meet security standards for employment ? Maintain investigative files, ensure that access to information is restricted and disseminated in accordance with applicable rules, regulations, and procedures ? Maintain awareness and comply to all local, state, and federal laws related to background screening and coordinate cases with Legal, HR, and Security as needed ? Support the continuous improvement of all processes and vendor solutions by reporting deficiencies and potential solutions ? Deliver background investigatory analysis for one or more assigned Business Units ? Create and deliver professional presentations and reports, both written and oral, to key stakeholders ? Attend briefings and other training sponsored by the security industry; incorporate policy and program changes into the background investigation program ? Maintain investigative files; ensure that access to information is restricted and disseminated in accordance with applicable rules, regulations, and procedures ? Monitor the Background Investigations support mailbox and database ? Create reports and provide analysis for senior team members and management
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform personnel security adjudication coordination and processing activities to determine whether an applicant meets background investigation requirements. Track background investigation adjudications through completion (50%)
- Perform background investigation programmatic, procedural, and compliance activities (25%)
- Research backgrounds, analyze data, and update personnel security systems, records, and databases (15%)
- Develop and generate reports and documents; maintain background investigation policies and procedures (10%)
- Operate in a responsive, courteous, and professional manner; provide a consistently high degree of customer satisfaction and sound business relations
- Work closely with management on background investigation projects, escalating issues as necessary
- Work under the limited direction of senior team members
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of investigative or analyst experience
- Knowledge of PC/desktop workstation applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge of personnel security and adjudication
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Possess a keen attention to detail
- Must be capable of working as a team member, be a self-starter, and be able to understand and complete tasks
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
Understanding of security-related risk and compliance practices, tools, and techniques
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Last Date For Apply: 19/Sep/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : PermanentApply Here