Remote or Hybrid (Manchester, NH or Rockville Centre, NY)
This position supports the investigation of claims within our Loss Adjusting unit by conducting detailed and in-depth background and social media investigations through online research using private and public database services, specialized techniques and technologies. Investigators will be required to record all findings into a clear and concise summary/report, obtain evidence, make recommendations as appropriate, testify as needed at trials, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Conducts research through private and public databases and the internet
- Identifying and verifying social media accounts linked to claims.
- Gathering and analyzing information from various social media platforms, online forms, articles, and other internet resources.
- Performing Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)/Deep Internet Searches.
- Working closely with team members on complex cases to resolve identities on social media or databases.
- Completing in-depth reports on background data, social media findings, and investigation results, ensuring the information is distilled in a concise and professional manner.
- Conducting multiple research reports simultaneously while maintaining work quality and turnaround time.
- Maintaining a record of billable time and prompt submission of billing records for invoice preparation.
- Providing excellent customer service to both internal and external business partners.
- Exhibiting excellent verbal and written communication with team members and/or clients regarding workflow, potential opportunities, or problem files.
- Embracing continuous development by identifying areas for growth and improvement and implementing process and technical enhancements.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality regarding subjects under investigation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participating in Companywide committees and projects as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Capability to identify problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and set priorities
- Innovative investigative skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrating an ability to uncover hard-to-find information, embodying a knack for finding the needle in the haystack.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Word and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with multiple social media platforms.
- Must be a quick learner and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates alignment with RiverStone’s Commitments.
- Prioritizes and organizes work in self-directed manner.
- Attains and maintains knowledge of assigned department.
- Performs other duties as required, including supporting and coordinating with other department colleagues.
At least two years of relevant professional experience preferred.
Four-year college degree in Criminal Justice or similar, or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Education or Certification
Limited travel required, based upon business needs.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position operates in a professional office-based collaborative environment. The role uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers, copiers/printers, and filing cabinets. Noise level is moderate. While largely a sedentary role, the employee is occasionally required to stand walk use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Other Duties (Disclaimer Statement) we retain the right to change or assign other duties to this position as required.
Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times acts in line with those values rewards the right values and disapproves of others practices what he/she preaches.
Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems a relentless and versatile learner open to change analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement experiments and will try anything to find solutions enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups can settle differences with minimum noise can win concessions without damaging relationships can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations has a good sense of timing.
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions probes all fruitful sources for answers can see hidden problems is excellent at honest analysis looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently values time concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities gets more done in less time than others can attend to a broader range of activities.
Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
RiverStone Resources, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, LGBTQ+, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Privacy Notice for California Residents