Associate – Warehouse Job in Shelby County Schools
- Recommends process changes to management, regarding stock and materials, the School Dude System, APECS and other warehouse related matters.
Supports and/or serves as a lead regarding the handling of major stock received or disbursements.
Conducts physical and cycle counts against warehouse stock, investigates, and identifies discrepancies and report statistics to management based on cycle counts, as needed.
- Assists and recommends solutions to general and/or problematic warehouse related matters.
Receives and checks incoming materials and equipment for accuracy of invoices, bills of lading and requisitions; inspecting products for defects and damages, reports all discrepancies (i.e., including PPE, maintenance parts, books, educational supplies, fuel etc.) in supplies and materials to appropriate supervisor; and prepares Bills of Lading and designated disposal documentation for the removal of surplus equipment.
Loads, unloads, and arranges stock; loads stock onto pallets for storage or transportation as necessary.
- Maintains accurate inventory records of materials, supplies, furniture, and equipment being shipped or distributed by utilizing computer for data entry on inventory file.
Ensures the safe and proper loading of trucks and forklifts.
Operates and maintains trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment; and inspects equipment to ensure proper working condition and safety.
Prepares and submits accurate work records; performs related clerical duties as necessary, including copying and filing documents, answering the telephone, receiving, and responding to inquiries from school personnel and Central Office staff.
Travels to various sites to verify and access furniture and equipment earmarked for disposal and/or transfer requests.
Conducts physical and cycle counts against warehouse stock and investigate and report discrepancies to management.
Attends meetings and workshops as necessary to enhance job knowledge and skills.
Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Logistics or related field or a combination of equivalent education and/or directly relevant experience for a total of four (4) years. Requires a valid Driver’s License.
Bachelor’s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
- Knowledge of School Dude and APECS software applications
- Good attention to detail, perform arithmetic computations, strong commitment to accuracy and thoroughness and basic organizational skills, and knows when to escalate issues
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work. Meet deadlines Uses time efficiently. Handles multiple conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of common hazards, safety practices and procedures
- Knowledge of basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite: Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, diagrams, sketches, blueprints, and manufacturers manuals
- Capability to estimate time and material needs to perform assignment
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE