Associate Job in Business for Social Responsibility
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 300 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s more than 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Singapore, Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
Associates are responsible for conducting research and analysis, creating written documents and presentations, and executing projects. Associates support Project Managers and Directors in advancing BSR’s mission. This will include participating in business consulting, training work, and personal development as required. The position is full-time based in the USA.
- Support BSR teams in research, writing, knowledge management, tool creation and presentation design to enable improved project execution and effective business development.
- Create client-ready deliverables; workshop content; and other materials—including tools, business development pitches, and case studies—in a variety of formats.
- Conduct research and analysis on sustainability leadership practices and emerging issues and trends in a range of industry sectors utilizing a wide range of sources.
- Support senior colleagues in the development of work plans, schedules, and budgets for the delivery of projects.
- Contribute to the content and design of working group meetings, training, and workshops, and ensure the accuracy of all materials.
- Coordinate for membership services to BSR member companies including events, newsletters and membership engagement options.
- Provide assistance on special projects and assignments as requested to help BSR accomplish its mission and goals.
- Master’s degree with 1-3 years of experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Exceptional research, writing, and analytical skills. Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- High degree of fluency in English required; bilingual fluency highly desired.
- Self-motivated with a capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to undertake up to 15% business travel post COVID-19
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect and integrity.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
BSR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. As a global organization, BSR strives to represent a culmination of different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas. BSR encourages employees to be themselves and share their unique stories, as these initiatives foster a global environment of creativity, forward thinking, and open-mindedness. These values drive the innovative work of our staff and support BSR’s overarching mission to build a just and sustainable world.
At BSR, discrimination because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by regional laws, is not condoned. BSR strives to maintain a fair and inclusive working environment. Thus, these factors do not influence recruitment, performance management processes, and project assignments. BSR aims to support necessary accommodations and has a zero-tolerance policy for discriminatory behavior and retaliation in response to the needs of our employees.