Assistant Manager Attractions
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
- As an Attractions Event Operations & Innovation Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Attractions Event Operations & Innovation Manager with maintaining strategic and daily operation plans that support overall Guest and Team Member satisfaction parkwide. You will also assist with the planning and execution of seasonal events (including but not limited to 4th of July, Halloween Horror Nights, and eVe).
- Helps ensure Artistic and Thematic integrity of events.
- Assist the Manager and Talent Acquisition in hiring, training and development of B192 Attractions team members including the Park Guest Ambassadors.
- Responsible for managing all Team Members by setting work expectations and leadership standards.
- Offer consistent and timely feedback to hourly staff to ensure effective communication between management and staff.
- Develop and implement programs to improve guest and Team Member satisfaction.
- Ensure appropriate and timely investigation and response to guest and Team Member concerns.
- Maintains the operational efficiency of event attractions during park hours and seasonal/special events.
- Oversee Team Member reviews and counseling to ensure all guidelines and policies are followed.
- Encourages Team Member development and participate in Team Member interviews for Premium roles.
- Serve as designated duty manager for the daily Land Control or Upper Lot area operation, weekly as scheduled.
- Assists in creating, maintaining and supporting the labor, Training, and non-labor budgets.
- Review and approve all hourly staff time and attendance forms for accuracy.
- Provide daily summary of day-to-day operations.
- Assist with the planning and execution of seasonal events. Including, but not limited to: 4th of July, Halloween Horror Nights, and eVe.
- Work closely with Entertainment Events/Entertainment Production and other key stakeholders on seasonal events.
- Assist with parkwide signage deployment year-round, including for seasonal events.
- Lead Operations innovative solutions to improve process and overall efficiencies in the Attractions department.
- Oversee operational compliance, safety, and Training requirements.
- Ensures that collective bargaining agreements are upheld by partnering with HR and Labor Relations to maintain positive union relationships.
- High school education required.
- Minimum 3 years of operations leadership experience in theme park or hospitality industry, including experience in guest service preferred.
- Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required.
- Need to be a quick thinker with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $64,480 – $70,000.
- Two or four year college degree preferred, or equivalent work experiences required.
- Experience working in and managing in a union environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power Automate, Adobe Photoshop, and AutoCAD.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to anticipate needs and initiate action to correct.
- Event planning or project management experience.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.